crunch time

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

crunch time

Postby 870 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:35 pm

Crunch time I have less than a week before the season opener and I’m up to my neck in boat and trailer work. :thumbsdown:

I finally got my boat back from getting worked on, it’s been gone for a month now. So every night after work I’m working on it. Tonight I put the floorboards in it and the blind on and then I was called to dinner GRRRRR I hate these short days. :pissed:

On the way home from getting my boat I find out I have a short in the wiring “NO BRAKE LIGHTS” HOLY CRAP FRANK :eek: so I fixed that short. Like I needed one more thing to add to my list.

For tomorrow night I’m going to finish installing the blind, then I should be good to go with my boat blind. :thumbsup:

Everything else was taken care well in advance, but the boat was out of my control.

Over the weekend I just finished building a custom trailer for my layouts. On Fri I’m going to DMV to register it and pick up some lights for it and that will be good to go.

So are you feeling the presser of the opener and what do you have left to do? :cool:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:30 pm

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: Only a week you suck. I still got over a month. I guess it wall pass soon enough. Its still hot as hell here. Cooled down for a couple weeks. Now it 94 with high humidity. Anyway good luck with the getting ready and be sure and keep me posted.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby magicBB » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:16 pm

870 - Sounds like you had your hands full their for a while. Just think your were probably so tired trying finishing everything that the sleep came easy instead of laying awake seeing those cupped wings in the sky. I just helped putting the finishing touches up on my brothers boat.

smackaduck - I was in BR for the tulane game and hot and humid didn't describe that weather. Miss St. was gorgeous, except the South LA thunder storm, all in all nice parking lot weather. Don't worrt before to long it will be 45 and everyone will be running around in fleece lined puffy jackets down there.
magicBB
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Hey smack, did I say a week, I ment 3 DAYS :laughing: I know.... I know, I REALLY SUCK :laughing: Don't hate me :salude:

magic BB, I see dead ducks :eek:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby IRISH56 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:04 pm

17 days and counting! Up to my ears in boat & trailer work also.

Total re-wire on the boat - nav lights w/switches, interior LED lights w/switches, 12 volt receptacle. Seats to be mounted, blind hasn't even been delivered yet. Dog platform needs to get ironed out after $200.00 worth of custom fabrication.

Trailer lights work - just not with my truck :pissed: :pissed: . Roller on trailer needs to be replaced.

MOJO is minus a leg - I think I'm gonna mount it right on the the boat & see if I can't get a mallard to land on the bow :thumbsup:

Decoys are in good shape though, re-painted them last year :getdown:

DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:42 pm

Hey Dan don’t make the mistake one of my buddies made. He some how wired his lights and made them 24 volts. He said they were REAL bright for just a second, :eek: then total melt down :laughing:

Good luck Bro :thumbsup:
State Moderator

Postby IRISH56 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:34 pm

I'm a cop not an electrician so anything can happen when I start messing with electrical systems :yes: I was thinking about wiring in some overhead emergency lights - might clear out some good hunting spots. :toofunny:

DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:53 pm

Heck ya the siren and loud speaker while your at it :thumbsup:

You just gave me an Idea, Thanks :yes:

The guy I told you about when he started fishing, thought he would catch and release. So he caught a small Northern, he just unhooked it and though it over board.

The problem was, he though it over the stern while the boat was in gear. Instead of releasing it, he turned into chum. :oops:

I think I stay friends with him so I can be the first to see what he does next :laughing:
State Moderator

Postby IRISH56 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:57 pm

Sounds a lot like my older brother - a trainwreck!!
IRISH56
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:58 pm

ya but you got to love them :toofunny:
State Moderator

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:02 pm

IRISH56 wrote:17 days and counting!

Seventeen days? Why? Northeastern opens on Saturday.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:05 pm

Hey CLUTCH I thought you were going to PM me on coming up here? :cool:
State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:15 pm

YOu all make me sick. :oops:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:32 pm

come on smack don't be haten
State Moderator

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:44 pm

I will, They're changing my work schedule on me. Actually, they're getting rid of my shift, so I don't know when I'll be working. It looks like I'm going to five eight hour days, probably second shift (I hope). Of course this won't take effect until after all the openers, so I'll be working all of them. Although Wednesday or Thursday of this coming week would work.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:15 pm

when you get things straightened out with work let me know. I'll let you know the weeks I have off in Oct/Nov I want to play with that new boat of yours :yes: OH YA and kill the web feet :thumbsup:

I'm going to bed 870 peace out
State Moderator

Postby quacker stacker » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:15 pm

Pressure you want pressure? I have to drive to the old 870's house wake him up carry him to the truck drive to the honey hole wake him back up carry him to the blind get our limit of ducks drive him home put him to bed. Then find some thing to do because it is only 8:30am opening day...GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND BE SAFE... :laughing: :laughing: :yes: :salude:
quacker stacker
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:17 pm

quacker stacker, You forgot to mention that you have to put out and pick up my decoys. As well as make my coffee and breakfast for me. :laughing:

Don’t forget to set my clock so I can watch cartoons later :toofunny:
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting