it's almost here!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

it's almost here!

Postby carlschmarl2 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:59 am

damn i can not wait!!! i get out of work in a few hours then headed home to load up the boat, hound, beer cooler and buddies then we are headed up to massena and wilson hill wma for the opener tomorrow morning! im as giddy as a school boy on xmas morning!!! anyone else hunting the opener this weekend? and where abouts?

:getdown: :salude: :getdown: :salude: :getdown:
"Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium"
carlschmarl2
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:27 pm

You bet, me and old quacker stacker are going to burn up some shells in the AM. :yes:

I’m taking a duck identification book for him, so he will know what kind of ducks he’s shooting. This year I have one with full color pages to make easier for him. :oops:

Last year I had to stop him from shooting some seagulls, he thought they were snows and cormorants, he thought they were black ducks. I telling ya it’s a full time job just trying to keep him straightened out, and us from going to jail. :toofunny:

Well good luck tomorrow guys, and try to get some sleep YAA RIGHT
:salude:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:35 pm

:pissed: :pissed: Yall be sure and fill me in on the events.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby 870 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:58 pm

Hey smack you think maybe if quacker stacker gets out of control tomorrow and starts shooting stuff he shouldn't. :pissed: Do you think maybe you could front us some bail money. My wife said she's not going though that again :toofunny:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby quacker stacker » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:34 pm

Hey Smack,

See what I mean the old 870 is out of his mind, he has to bring one of the duck identification cards with color pictures because he can't read. And besides I do 16 hours a day in jail anyways so what's another 8 hours going to hurt? And besides when old 870 is in jail he can hunt with some guy by the name of Bubba.

Just Eight More Hours To Go Before Opening Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:getdown: :yes: :cool: :toofunny: :salude:
quacker stacker
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:50 pm

Sounds like yall are all geared up for an awesom opener. Have a good time, kill a lot of birds, and stay SAFE. Watch out for idiots, and Ill be sitting at home waiting over a month for my opener.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby carlschmarl2 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:32 pm

well, it was a long long weekend with no sleep...got out of work 0630 friday morning after a 16hr shift, drove up to massena to scout out new areas to hunt at the wilson hill wma...when we got up there there were already two cars in line...so we pulled out the coolers of beer and lawn chairs, made friends and tailgated all nite...went in to our island and shot the crap out of widgen, bwt, gwt, and ringnecks...sunday was pretty much of the same; tailgate, nap, hunt, tailgate...monday we hunted a part of the black river in lowville...shot blacks and mallards...overall it was a very good weekend, drank some beers, told some lies, and shot some ducks and start new lies for next year...
:salude:
carlschmarl2
hunter

Postby dekehead » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:11 pm

Hi guy newbe here and glad to have found this site. Carl sounds like you had one heck of a good time. I'd love to get into some duck action like you guys did. Well good luck to everyone and be safe.
dekehead
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:55 pm

:welcome: dekehead glad to have you with us :salude:

As some of you may know from an other post we hunted the swamps on the opener. Between the three of us we shot 12 opening day. My son and I shot 5 more the next day. All the guys were saying that they did bad, I mean real bad out on the river like 2 or 4 birds for the whole group. Every body was saying the same thing “ there’s just no birds”

Personally I thought the birds are here, but there is so much water everywhere that there just not on the river the way they want them to be. Their in the swamps, back waters and flooded fields.

So today at work I saw the wind kept building. I knew the birds would be uneasy in the woods with all that wind. When I got home I said to the boy “Get your gear we’re going hunting” I knew the ducks would want to roost away from what was going on in the back waters and the noise of the woods.

We weren’t there 10 min and the ducks started to come in from all directions, my hunch was right the ducks came out to the river. It didn’t take to long before the boy and I had are limits. The weather was perfect, it was NASTY just the way we like it. :thumbsup:
State Moderator

Postby carlschmarl2 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:31 pm

the blue bird weather didnt do us any good this weekend, other than for the consumption of alcoholic beverages...however with this front moving in things should pick up like you say...keep your fingers crossed
carlschmarl2
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:14 pm

Atta boy. :thumbsup:

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting