Well?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Well?

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:13 am

How'd everyone do? I was in my booth at work this morning and happened to look at the clock just as it turned to 6:38. I wish I hadn't noticed because all day since I've been thinking that I could be sitting in a swamp somewhere killin ducks. Monday can't come soon enough.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:37 pm

WOW CLUTCH sorry to hear that you had to work on the opener, that sucks!!!! :pissed:

The o’l quacker stacker, boy and I went out in the AM. Over to the swamps he bought, (man his wife spoils him) anyway the birds did their part, Max his part and we did out part.

Quacker stacker had an interesting morning first he had one of his Kent shells explode in the chamber. The whole side split open, he and the boy had to take his barrel off to get the wad out of it, I mean it was really stuck in there, what a pain that was for them.

Of course during this whole time those two were working on his gun I had the job of killing the ducks when they came in. (it was a dirty job, but someone had to do it). :yes:

Then when he thinks it’s ok too start hunting I shoot a black duck and all most hit him with it, he had to duck from my duck, he about fell on his butt over that. :eek:

Other than that it was your basic opener. He does have a ton of ducks over there. The sky was full for quite some time this morning. :cool:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Nodak

Postby Dep666 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:26 pm

Just got back from my out west trip........Ouch, my shoulder still hurts........LOL......The final tally was 75 ducks ( Bw/Gw teal, Gadwalls, Mallards, Blue...eeerrr BroadBills, Ringnecks, Cans, Shovelers) and 9 Geese( 3 Snows and 6 Giant Honkers) for three guys. 5 days of shooting. The temps were real warm and the hunting was tough. We managed to scratch out a limit everyday, but the birds were a little spooked. The daily Bag limit was only 5 ducks and 3 Canadas a man. Now get this one......You could only shoot 1 Hen Mallard OR a Pintail OR a Canvasback....Kinda tricky because the birds aren't really colored out yet.
We got to our hunting sport the thursday befor the season opened and scouted for 2 days. We had a field that about 5 K mallards plus Cacklers and a truck load of snows were using. Openeing day came and the birds were gone! Uuugh! Off to the slews to get our birds. The worst part about the trip was that my dog got sick right before we left and I had to leave him home. He's better now and will be primed to go on the 21st opener. Good luck on the NY season boys.........
Dep666
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:00 pm

Thats it no more stories and NO PICS. You guys insist on toying with me bragging about how your season is already open then dont even satisfy me with a simple pic. :laughing:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Andrew ONeill » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:02 pm

We managed 8 all weekend, 7 of them were on Saturday. But when we were walking through some thick stuff looking for a spot for the next day, a hen mallard started quacking and my dog took off and when she got back she had a banded hen mallard!

Andrew ONeill
hunter

Pics

Postby Dep666 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:04 pm

Sorry Brother I don't have any pics.......YET! My buddy had his digital (I left mine at home) I'll post some pics when he emails them to me.............
Dep666
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:26 pm

You have got to be kidding me, you got a banded duck that you didnt even have to shoot. :toofunny: That beats all, this will be year 14 and still no banded birds. :pissed:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby 870 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:02 am

OK smack you asked for it I call this one "the aftermath"
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Postby brezcrew » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:14 pm

Nice job there 870. Is that what they call shooting ducks in a barrel or a bushel and a peck? :toofunny: Looks like you had a good time, well done.
MARC

My wife tells me to bring something home for dinner when I go hunting. So I make sure to stop at Wegmans before I go.
brezcrew
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:25 pm

heres some more smack
thanks brezcerw its "D" all the above

the morning started out foggy ans still
heres the o'l quacker stacker
and yours truly NOT liking the blue bird and still morning
Pro Hunter

Postby T-MAN » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:49 pm

Jeez 870, you always find a way to kill ducks :salude: ! I didnt have a "good weekend" it started out with a case of "stealing" that almost lead to some "pellets to their boat". Yah thats right, someone took my blind. They were there since 3 and had 4-5 dozen blocks out :eek: so i couldnt do a thing.

T-man :pissed:
T-MAN
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:55 pm

Thats great guys, glad to hear yall had a good one. Looks like you managed some birds too. Give me another month and well swap pictures.

Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby harvey1b » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:35 am

T-MAN wrote:Jeez 870, you always find a way to kill ducks :salude: ! I didnt have a "good weekend" it started out with a case of "stealing" that almost lead to some "pellets to their boat". Yah thats right, someone took my blind. They were there since 3 and had 4-5 dozen blocks out :eek: so i couldnt do a thing.

T-man :pissed:

Did you build it on public land? Did they have a legal right to be there? If not I would have been on the phone with the warden real fast. That sucks! I would be pissed too. Sorry to hear about the dirtbags.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby T-MAN » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:05 am

Yah, it was state land. It was on the high water line. I went scouting there every day for the pst week and a half. It was in a nice little cove where woodys and mallards have been landing. The sucky part was that they spooked more ducks with their calling thatn they had commit. I didnt even know i could kick them out. :pissed:
T-MAN
hunter

Postby kaylasbadshot » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:42 pm

great job guys. i cant wait for the 21st. i usually am excited about bow season which opens this weekend. but now i am waiting for the duck opener. any chance someone around the rochester area saved a whole bird and is willing to give it up. i am looking for one more duck to use for my pup before the opener. thanks guys
kaylasbadshot
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:37 pm

I have some goose wings and may have some duck wings after this weekend if the southern opener treats me better than the norhtern :oops:

I'm in Syracuse so it may be farther than you want to drive. Let me know.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby kaylasbadshot » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:41 pm

thanks for the offer harvey but i am looking for a whole bird. we have used goose, duck and pheasant wings already. i had a guy who was going to get me a duck during the youth hunt but his hunter was not successful. anyways, thanks for the offer i appreciate it.
kaylasbadshot
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting