First time opening day

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

First time opening day

Postby army guy » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:31 pm

Let me first say that I tried to hunt the Tonawanda WMA.....If any of you guys were there, I was the one walking the dike back out at 5:45 am..lol

Friday was a crazy day reunning around finishing up odds and ends, aniversery dinner with my wife and of course the Sabers game. I tried to get a couple hours of sleep as the call of woodies rang through my head. Out the door by 1:15, gas and coffee, at the swamp by 2:15. My good buddy was already there and by 2:25 were off to the hole. By 2:45 or so and 15 yards from our spot I tear a 1 inch hole in my ( frog skin ) waders. Good news is only one leg fills with water..lol This i can deal with and we set up the dekes and kick back to watch the stars and listen to the woodies. As dawn approaches and the temp seems to fall or the chill from slogging back in sets I head back to the car to make repairs and dry out... in th process tear another hole in the opposite leg ( last i checked my buddy's name was not Mr. Murphy) after reaching the dike and the car i couldn't help but laugh and plan the next trip. good luck all :salude:
army guy
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear about your luck. Hope you have a better trip next time.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby 870 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:00 pm

I'm glad to see your taking it OK, that shows what kind of a man you are :thumbsup:

Do you think you can get the store to believe it was a factory defect :toofunny:

Better luck next time my man :salude:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Jpensyl » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:14 pm

You had a permit for tonawanda opening day and left because you were wet??

I couldnt do it, I'm just not smart enough, the doctors would be cutting my legs off with frost bite but I'd have my limit of birds before I left. I'll be there tomorrow, I'll dedicate my first kill to your lost hunt.
"Take'em Boys"
Jpensyl
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting