Northeast opens again

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Northeast opens again

Postby 870 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:03 pm

Well here we go again, the Northeast zones second season starts tomorrow the 25th. I spent all day in a mine safety refresher class. So to stay awake I pounded down on the coffee, so as I type this I’m still on a caffeine high, so I might as well kiss a good night sleep goodbye.

After all the rain we’ve gotten in the past week every pond, creek, swamp are full. I know that’s where the puddler’s will be tomorrow in the backwaters. I’m hoping that’s where the bulk of the gunners will be as well.

Not me though, I’m heading to the lake to maybe trip up some Ring-bills. I’m probably going to kick myself for not heading to the backwaters, but my layout has been calling my name for some time. This is more of a hunt/recon trip; there is this bay I need to fully learn it’s lower end better.

BTW I picked up an “A” on my test, not bad for being half a sleep though most of it.

So good luck to all you Northern boys :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby T-MAN » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:17 pm

jeez 870, don't make us too jealous some of us got to go to school right next to a river ( with open windows ). Tell me how it went. By the way, congratulations on the test!! Howwd uncle jon do? :toofunny: i cant picture him sitting still long enough to pass that :toofunny:

T-Man

P.S- had an intirsting weekend with him this weekend ( tell him to learn how to use a level) :toofunny:
T-MAN
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:58 pm

well things went great and I was done and packed up and heading home by 8:30 The only thing that was missing was some of you boys
Ended up with a pair of drake buffs, pair of Broadies a hen ringbill and a GWT
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting