Oneida Lake Divers

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Oneida Lake Divers

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:47 pm

Has anyone seen many divers on Oneida Lake lately?
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby IRISH56 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:13 pm

Saw a few flocks of divers on Cayuga this past weekend. My brother has been seeing quite a few flocks on the Niagara R. as well - shouldn't be long now :getdown:

I think it was you asking about the sea ducks on the Niagara - one of my bro's hunting partners shot a white winged scoter on the upper river this past Sunday, they saw a few others as well.

DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:17 pm

Thanks for the update Dan. I was curious about the divers because I put out the broadbill and bufflehead decoys on Sunday for the first time this season on Cross Lake. It's along the river system close to Oneida and I just thought I'd get more input from folks on Oneida because it's a bigger lake than Cross (and gets more hunters). I saw some broadbill out on Cross but they wanted to hang out in the middle of the South Bay. I was on the Little Island, next time I'll have to bring the layout boat. At least my outboard ran good on it's first trip of the season. Whiewing scoters, that's cool. Hopefull, my buddy out there should be rigged up to hunt the sea ducks on the Niagara during the late season. We seem to see a few of those whiewings every season here around Syracuse. I just mounted a drake that we shot a couple years ago. Good luck next weekend. I'll be bringing my 8 year old son along for his first duck hunt on Friday.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting