New to site....Greeting from Fairport, NY

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

New to site....Greeting from Fairport, NY

Postby WNYHunter » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:07 pm

Hello all!

I just came upon this site yesterday and have been obsessively reading all the posts. Just found the New York Section now!

Anyhow, a quick biography of me:
37 years Old
Live in Fairport
Grew up hunting from the time my Dad dragge dme aup a treestand with a rope.
Hunt deer in Steuben County in between keuka Lake and Waneta/Lamoka Lakes.
LOVE waterfowl hunting. Try to get out duck and goose hunting as much as possible. Starting to do some scouting in the Wildlife Management Areas around Rochester. Currently trying to get myself up to date on equipment as in the past I have relied on other. Now I find that if I want to hunt, I need to take care of it myself.
Always interested in meeting new hunters from New York!

Good to be here. :getdown:
WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:34 pm

:welcome:

Good to have you on DHC.

This is a great place. I was just in Roch today for work, there were ducks and geese in the air and the fields the entire drive across the through-way. It looks pretty good out there!
harvey1b
hunter

Postby mwc4fishing » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:52 pm

Used to date a girl named Kerry from Fairport. I loved driving though the Montezuma NWR (come to think of it, that was pretty much the highlight of the relationship...). It's a nice area - good luck.
mwc4fishing
hunter

Welcome

Postby RunNgun870 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi welcome to the board :welcome:
I live in Brighton and am a obsessed waterfowler too. Love to hunt ducks and this year I have discovered geese and have had a lot of sucess so far. Being in Rochester close to the city it can be hard to find the time to get out there and scout for a good spot that isnt covered with skybusters. I defintiely need to spend more time scouting before next season. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk as I am always looking for new hunting partner in the area.
Gregg
RunNgun870
hunter

Postby cabezaverde » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:56 pm

Hi,

I live out in Mendon.
Member - Little Debby Pro Staff.
cabezaverde
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:33 pm

:welcome: to all of the new guys, glad to have you with us. It's a great place to hang out and talk about what has grabbed us by the heart and won't let go.. got love them ducks :yes:

Hey RunNgun I'm glad to see your wife let you back on the computer. I thought we lost ya there o'l boy :laughing:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting