Cairo NY

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Cairo NY

Postby duckhunt02 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:18 pm

hello all. I live in NJ and my mother in law has a home in Cairo, just outside the town of Catskill. I know a lot about deer hunting in her area but over the past few years I've become obsessed with ducks and geese. I have a trained duck dog and decoys. I am looking for someone in the area who might want to partner up for a weekend in that area or give me a general go to area. Im not internet scouting nor looking for anyone's spots. Just getting a general view on things up there. In exchange I can get you on some brant and buffleheads down here in NJ on the coast. I am located in Toms River NJ. PM me if interested. Thanks!
duckhunt02
Newb

Re: Cairo NY

Postby txnimrod » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 am

The Hudson River north and south of Catskill is your best bet.
txnimrod
Newb

Postby toolmaker » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:23 pm

how about woodcock down in NJ....do you have any sweet spots....they are pretty regular in the areas they frequent, so if you see them one year , they will probably be there every year..

i hunt the hudson up to and slightly past the area you describe...
how far are you willing to travel.

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby altrocker1 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 pm

ill be hunting to the west of there this year...middleton/monticello area. i just moved to north jersey and i'm storing my boat up in monticello. i've been doing some exploring. i feel a little lost still, but it shouldn't take me long to get going.
altrocker1
hunter

Postby cwa1104sab » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:38 pm

I always thought the swampy area along 32a looked pretty good after the split of 32 and 32a by the old ace of spades or where 23 and 32a intersect the farm always had geese and I used to see snows there quite a bit...just saying. BTW if you're gonna try either spot, gimme a shout
cwa1104sab
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting