huntn with the CLUTCHfan

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

huntn with the CLUTCHfan

Postby 870 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:09 pm

Well let me tell you I had the pleasure of hunting with one of DHC finest, the legendary CLUTCHfan. He fit in perfectly and made it an easy hunt. We had a great time with him and after hearing him on his duck call I said, “ ok you can do the calling from now on” He’s definitely a better caller than I am. Despite the antics of someone’s undisciplined lab that just about ruined the mornings hunt. It was a good time with one of our own. :thumbsup:

So if any of you boys are looking for a guy that will fit in nicely on a hunt give CLUTCHfan a call, I know I will. OH btw heres a pic from that hunt, a nice mix bag of Blacks, Mallards, Bufffleheads and Whistlers
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Very nice!

Postby WNYHunter » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:12 pm

Great to hear you had a good time. Was that from today? What lake has a few less ducks to its name?

Congrats!
WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Nice!

Postby RunNgun870 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:51 am

Nice spread guys! :yes: looks like clutch got a taste of the great north :thumbsup:
RunNgun870
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:11 pm

Some times I forget how sweet of a beard I've got, and then I see a picture like this and it reminds me. :thumbsup:
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:20 pm

WNYHunter that was Sat hunt and the lake is Ontario. It has even less ducks and geese after todays hunt. I shot a double limit, I will have a pic soon :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

weather today

Postby WNYHunter » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:34 pm

I can imagine you did well today...the weather turned a little sour(albeit warm) the rain was coming down steadily. Were yo u hunting off the shore or out in the lake...if so...how far out?

I was scouting around near lake shore a few weeks ago where it dead ends at Lake Ontario. Saw a few groups of ducks fly by but also scared up about 400 geese off of Chimney Bluffs area.
WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:07 pm

I'm on break now, so I can post a better reply.

870, I had a great time, and it was one of the best hunts I've had since I started. I talked to a guy who has a couple dozen diver decoys he'll probably sell me, as well as my dads foam ones that just have to be repainted. And here I thought I was content focusing solely on Puddle ducks.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:10 am

Heck CLUTCH around here them puddlers are just a worm up :laughing:

Now that the divers have bitten yeah hunting those puddlers won't be the same :umm:

WNYhunter yesterdays hunt was from the main shoreline over Whistlers decoys, those Geese came in like they ouwned the place :yes:

CLUTCHfan remember you can never have too many decoys :toofunny:
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting