oh my 6 rounds of 3.5" BB's at 1500 fps!!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

oh my 6 rounds of 3.5" BB's at 1500 fps!!

Postby toolmaker » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:24 am

Image........it will be a massacre on the field hunts....i wonder if I can find some 2-3/4 hevishot in 2's or 4's????? hmmmmmmmanyone know the killing range of a 1300 fps load of #4 hevi shot on a goose??

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Re: oh my 6 rounds of 3.5" BB's at 1500 fps!!

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Ask Frank....... :yes:
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm

A lot further that you can consistently hit it.! Seriously, I'd worry more about the pattern than the ability to penetrate. That's generally the case anyway.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:48 pm

thanks Frank.....It was only a small possibility, but even at $21 a box of 10( i found three boxes of 3" ers at the local shop) its rediculously expensive...just to think about trying to drop more than six at a time....i have never shot six at a time, ( on purpose anyway).....i have several boxes of my standard Black Cloud 3.5" Bb's at 1500 fps throwing 1.5 oz of shot.... if i shot like my buddy Tony, and shot that first bird at just inside my range limit and worked inwards.... I might be able to drop more birds....but i have always killed the surest bird first and work out from there.....i usually get limits in the end anyway....who wants the day to get over soooo fast anyway!!! ha ha hasoooo ill stick with the BC.....right now i dont have any cut corn fields...so i am shooting birds over water....and a lot is pass shooting....so probably little chane to go to the plug on those hunts......but landing birds in the spread at 5 yards..is another story!!! CT has had the no plug rule, but since I hunt both NY and CT, I never bought the mad extension till ny went with the no plug ruling this year...today if i had hunted it was pitch black at 8 pm...I mean BLACK... and i think it was almost legal to still shoot at just about 8pm! crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting