Anti Hunters strike again!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Anti Hunters strike again!

Postby Dep666 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:51 am

Well I can barely type with my hands shaking so bad! Talk about pissed off! I went out to my uncle's property today and tried to smoke a deer. I'm up in my stand and about 1030 I hear this crashing coming from behind me. Well its not a deer, but my Uncle's crazy neighbor running through the woods yelling that I was trespassing. She procedes to come under my stand and yell that I had no right to be there. The first thing I did was unload my gun. I Sling the gun and then told her my name and that the owner was my uncle and that I had every right to hunt there. Now this woman breaks down in tears and says " OK your not trespassing, but your murdering my family.....I feed the deer and have names for them. They are my family!" I explained to her that I had every right to be there, and she was trespassing on private property. She again called me a murderer and continued to yell. The woman then goes as far as to offer to pay me money to leave the woods. I tell her to save her money and to just leave. She is now sobbing in the middle of the woods saying things like she feeds the deer and they are her friends...yada yada yada. Now I'm thinking ...."Mingya this broad is nuttier than squirrel poop." So I leave , but not before I stop by my uncle's place and tell him. Well he's really pissed and told me to come back out tonight. Well Ms. Treehugger doesn't know it yet, but she will be receiving and Fat Hunter Harassment summons from the DEC......I'm just waiting for the Game warden to call me back ...........I think I'm done with the deer hunting.....Ive never had this happen while I'm out after waterfowl........Take care boys and be careful out there.......
Dep666
hunter

Postby Jpensyl » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:47 pm

yea, I really can't imagine someone chasing me down in the muck with a wonder bread bag telling me that I'm killing her family while I'm killing ducks. I don't know why I still bother with shotgun season, I go out, I kill a deer, and then back to duck hunting. The faster its over the better, luckily I managed to fill my buck tag within two hours this morning, no trophy but now I have an excuse to get away from the slug slingers out there. The past two years I've only had to sit in the woods with a slug in the gun for a total of 3 hours, now thats my type of deer hunting. 2 opening days, 2 little bucks and 7 ducks, thats the way to deer hunt. I don't mind bow hunting for that one week while I wait for waterfowl to start but I cant stand being out there with idiots all around me pushing firing away.
"Take'em Boys"
Jpensyl
hunter

Update

Postby Dep666 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:29 am

Well DEC never ceases to amaize me....The officer told me that he tried to prosecute a hunter harassment case in the town where the above mentioned incident happened. He tod me that the case (which he said was a strong one) was dismissed. Basically he told me to go pound rock salt and that if I was insistant on having something done then he would go over and talk to her. I basically told him to go out and "harass" law abiding sportsmen.....forget the tree huggers who think they can get away with whatever they want. I also told him that I would handle the problem myself rather than go through the proper legal channels....... Fast forward to yesterday afternoon.............

Well, didn't I find my way back out to the same treestand with all my gear including a Camcorder(Just in case I needed "More evidence for a squirrel cop"). The woman saw me up in my stand and she sure as hell heard me fill one of my doe tags....... :laughing: Well she peeled out of her driveway and then proceeded to lay on her horn all the way down the 1/4 mile road. Now mind you I am about 200 yrds ,in the woods (owned by my uncle) and this crazy ,tree huggin', granola eating berkinstock wearin' Liberal is freakin out........I LOVE IT! That my friends is a class in "Taking someone's mind 101".

As far as the DEC.......way to go boys! Way to stick up for the regular law abiding sportsmen.......I bet if I was in the wrong that guy would have a flame shooting off his pen he would have wrote me so fast............... Well its back to the ducks.......Good luck boys.........
Dep666
hunter

Postby 870 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:31 pm

Hey Matt, last year when we had launch up in the Cape WHAT kind of magnet did you say you were? :laughing:

With all the fighting that goes on up here with all the deer hunters on where they can and can’t hunt amongst them selves… you can have it. :thumbsdown:

I really tried to like it, I poured myself into it one year hearing how much fun it was. Talk about boring….. Not meaning to start something with you boys, but I’d rather watch wood rot :laughing:

While I was out there I would be thinking “I’m missing a good day out on the water. I should be killing ducks right now” :thumbsdown:

Well good luck boys I hope you fill all of your tags :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

S....Magnet

Postby Dep666 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:19 pm

You got that right Don........A big Sh@# magnet.........All I can say was that deer was so mighty fine vittles..... :laughing: I have one more evening trip left in me and then come thanksgiving and the weekend its whistling wings for me....... Big D think about the date for the Squaws. Plus we have to go to Famous Daves for some ribs................
Dep666
hunter

Wow

Postby WNYHunter » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:23 am

Matt, that is unreal!! Where around Rochester was this? Just curious what street I should parade the deer I get on top of my car.
I can stop at her house and pretend I'm lost and ask directions to the deer processing center!! :laughing:

Congrats on your deer! I myself was skunked. Saw 10 deer on Saturday. Could have toasted a couple fawns that walked under my stand but let them go. Dunday, missed a 6 point that I jumped in a thick field. Took a crack at him at 35 yds and missed :oops:

Anyhow, glad the HUNTER prevailed in your story. Maybe you should send her a not and invite her over for a venison chili and a football game :yes:
WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Anti's

Postby Dep666 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:59 pm

Yea man I guess I won that one....... I hate to say it, but my Deer hunting days are numbered. It seems like every time I go out something happens...Hense to Sh#@ magnet comment with 870....... I never have problems out duck hunting......Well I'm going out after some more tastey vennison one night this week, and then its back to the marshes and Big water for the sport..........................
Dep666
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:12 pm

thats it Matt come back to your first love :salude:

once you have duck blood in your vains, it's all over but the shouting :thumbsup:

Quick story: I took some of my boys friends out duck hunting years ago.
They all came from deer hunting familys.
They all said how much more fun duck hunting was than deer hunting, they all shot ducks.
The last DU dinner I was at, four of them were committee members :thumbsup:
Plunder the woods to fill the marsh :yes:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby 870 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:31 pm

Hey Matt, heres the story. The only way I can make it that time of the year is to play it by ear. As you know I plow snow for my towns Highway Dept. I know this sounds flakey at best (no pun intended) I live and hunt by the weather channal I can't firm up what date would be best until it's all most here. Sorry brother thats the best I can do. I'm sure your looking to firm up that week so trust me no hard feelings if you what to say forget it. Don
State Moderator

Postby quacker stacker » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:02 am

HEY MATT it would be great if you took 870 hunting when it is snowing he forgot to tell you he limits out on the drake mailbox about every trip out plowing... :laughing: :laughing: :toofunny: D.L get in touch I am home for a few days...
quacker stacker
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:12 pm

BTW quacker stacker, I’m not a plow truck driver. I like to refer to myself as a “Front Lawn / Mailbox Relocation Technician” if your lawn and mailbox aren’t where I like them, don’t worry I’ll move them. :yes:

you bet, I'm open on Mon & Tue :thumbsup:
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting