Northern NY- Lake Ontario

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Northern NY- Lake Ontario

Postby duckyhunter » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:08 pm

I live near Lake Ontario by Sackets harbor. Anyone knoe where the birds are? I haven't had a chance to get out this second season and will be heading out Thanksgiving week and looking for some tips on where the birds are.
duckyhunter
Newb

Postby 870 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:32 pm

perch river :salude: J/K I would jump in the truck and do some scouting. BRB has had some birds, but they head to Bayfield bay(sp?) after sun up.

With all the water we have standing, the puddlers are everywhere.

The Lake has lots of Divers, again your going to have to scout and find where their at :thumbsup:

There is still tons of geese around, I shot some just last week

This week for me is filling the freezer week I'm off work YEAH

:welcome: To DHC glad to have you with us
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby DUCKSBANE » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:12 pm

Glad to hear there are some birds around. We will be in the Lake view area sat/sun/mom/tue :salude:
DUCKSBANE
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:12 pm

DUCKSBANE wrote:Glad to hear there are some birds around. We will be in the Lake view area sat/sun/mom/tue :salude:

Good luck. We hunted it last weekend and didn't get a bird. I may be heading that way on Sunday (on my buddy's request) to try out my boat blind I'm building today and tomorrow.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby DUCKSBANE » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:08 pm

Well thats bad news. I just got a report that today shot well. We will see, hopefully things will change over the next couple of days. We will try it sat and if its dead we will head north to goose bay or black pond??????
Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving,
Dave
DUCKSBANE
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:09 pm

Well here’s the skinny on our end of the Lake. Wen we shot a three-man limit. Thur we shot 3 not limits just three birds they just didn’t fly, too nice. Fri we shot fifteen three short of a three man limit we had some wind and the right point. There were a lot of hunters out, but I didn’t hear a lot of shooing it might have been the wind.

The flight birds are still in good numbers, but just hunkered down and not moving much. You really need to scout and be where they want to be.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting