Whistler were flying

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Whistler were flying

Postby 870 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:00 pm

Well I was called in early to sand so that messed up the morning hunt. After I finished up, I shagged out to the lake around 8:30 the wind was blowing pretty good, but man-o-man were the birds flying. Some guys were hunting right next to the boat launch; they were putting the smack down on something. Max looked to me to be sent out, it was going to be a good day all right. When I got to where I wanted to hunt the Whistlers were flying great. It didn’t take long to fill a limit, what sucks is now I have to go shopping with the bride. :thumbsdown:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Jpensyl » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:08 am

same thing here in niagara county, when that lake whips up the whistlers and buffies just come right in to shore, took a few saturday afternoon and a 2 man limit sunday morning all from shore. Perfected my fishing pole retrieving tool as well. :yes:
"Take'em Boys"
Jpensyl
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:27 pm

Fishing pole retrieves????? Great minds think a like. :toofunny: I would shoot Whistlers when they would leave the river and go into the Lake. I would use a big old Dare devil it worked great. :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby harvey1b » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:32 pm

CAST and BLAST!!
harvey1b
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:41 pm

you got it :thumbsup: :toofunny:
State Moderator

Postby duckyhunter » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:10 pm

Hey 870, that was me that was hunting the boat launch in Chaumont. We got into the whistlers and mallards. Lets hope for another good weekend!
duckyhunter
Newb

Postby 870 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:56 pm

:welcome: duckyhunter to DHC glad you could join us, it's nice to see some others from Northern NY come on board.

You boys must have been having a good time. I was planning on going around to the other side of the bay from you boys but those rollers said NO!!! When I made it out to the Island I couldn’t believe how well the birds were decoying. The strange thing was, I couldn’t get the singles to decoy, but only the large flocks. Which I thought was pretty cool it made for short day.

When I got to the launch and heard you guys blazing away I couldn’t get my boat in the water fast enough. Max heard you shooting and he would look to me then in your direction then back to me as if to say “WELL LET ME GO” he was wining wanting to retrieve.

Then when I got around the point and headed towards the foot of the island I heard someone who was set up on it blazing away. I thought, “I hope I’m not too late”, thank God I wasn’t. It was a lot of fun I hope we can repeat it again this weekend. Well good luck and knock them dead, again welcome to DHC. :thumbsup:
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting