I know it's a little early, BUT.......

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:19 am

......Last year 870 came up with a great idea, and that was that those of us from New York (or surrounding states, or where ever) see about a weekend camping-trip/barbeque/get-together type of thing. I figured I'd bring it up early this year to see if we could organize something, or get some ideas. Maybe it could even be made a sticky at the top of the New York Forums page (hint, hint) I'm sure that many of us would be interested, and that now that it's been mentioned the ideas will start to flow. If people were interested, we would have to come up with a some-what centralized location that would be dog friendly (or at least Retriever-friendly), and have some kind of navicable water so that we could all bring our duck rigs to maybe do a little fishing.

I guess the first order of business would be to see if people were interested in getting together.............
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:58 am

Just finished grinding up some venison and I thought I'd check out the site before I get a couple hours of sleep. Sure Clutch, it sounds like a good idea. Although, with the young kids, I could probably only come for the day.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:11 am

Good idea CLUTCHfan. I was thinking about a day at the skeet range, but then we would have to find a skeet range we could all go to.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby army guy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:36 am

Great idea clutchfan, it would be nice to meet everyone. Especially a novice like myself, we could learn alot from the more seasoned hunters. I'd be willing to help out with what ever i could, my work schedule affords me alot of time off....just need notice to ensure i have the specific days off. send me a pm and i'll give you further details...
army guy
hunter

Postby obageegee » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:14 pm

Lakeview WMA? Good places to setup and lots of places to camp

Spence
obageegee
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:06 pm

Lakeview would be good. I didn't know they had camping spots.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:15 pm

Hey CLUTCH if I only read yours first :laughing: talk about great minds thinking alike read Hey harvey1b sign me up
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby obageegee » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:20 am

There are a few State and Private Parks around LVWMA I'm sure one of them would be willing to host a small group. Hey why not make some fun out of it and create a Quasi Tournament! Everyone put up a few $$$ and we have some prizes for different categories (small fun prizes) like who got most wet, farhest trip etc.

Ideas?

This could be fun.

Spence
obageegee
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:08 pm

People should bring some of their homemade decoys so others can get some new ideas.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:54 pm

How about Fair Haven State Park? They've got campsites and a boat launch. I've never camped there, but maybe someone else has and can give an opinion. Have to find out if they allow dogs.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby kaylasbadshot » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:34 pm

i just finished my masters degree and now have free time. i think its a great idea. i am new to the sport and most of my friends are non hunters. if anyone in the area would like to get together in the spring and train with the dogs that would be really awesome.

kevin
kaylasbadshot
hunter

Postby japeiler15 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:24 pm

I am still in Missouri until June. Then off the Michigan for the summer and back to NY in August. If the plan is to get together around then, I would love to meet up with you guys. Since my family is not really into waterfowling, I am going to have to meet some heads on my own. I am sure it will not be that hard considering most of my relatives live within miles of Oneida Lake.
08-09 totals
50-Canada geese
32-Mallard
10-Bufflehead (1 BANDED DRAKE)
7-Long-Tailed Duck
4-Black Duck
4-Common Goldeneye
3-Red Breasted Merganser
2-Lesser Scaup
1-Hooded Merganser
1-Pintail
1-White Winged Scoter