My last day of the season

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

My last day of the season

Postby 870 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:21 pm

Well it’s over, man it flew by. I hit my boss up for a day off and when my buddy from work heard that I was going to be taking Wen off he wants to go. The thing is he doesn’t have the balls to ask the boss for the day off. So what’s he do he calls in sick, I’m thinking he had personal time left WRONG.

So when some of the guys ask where I’m at, the boss tells them I’m hunting and they rat that Dog called in sick (that’s his nick name) anyways. My boss is no dummy; he puts two and two together and says I hope Dog doesn’t forget his shotgun. BUSTED! :umm:

I’m in the clear but all day I’m busting Dogs balls on him lying about being sick. Well anyway we put the smack down on the ducks. We shot a nice mix bag of Mallards, Whistlers and Buffleheads we both limited out, fun had by all. :thumbsup:

Now today at work did he ever get it by everybody. He’s acting kind of funny all day I ask, “What’s up” he tells me today he’s really sick. What can I say but “sucks to be you” :laughing:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby IRISH56 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:38 pm

Good thing your boss is good humored - is he a hunter??

I make it a point if I'm hunting with anybody from work that we are both legitimately "off" or at least have our stories straight. I've been known to bang in a day or two here and there with the "blue flu." :salude:

Waitin' on 12/26 :getdown: :getdown:

DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Blowin in

Postby Dep666 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:00 am

Na man its called " anal Glacuoma".........Just can't see my ass going to work! :toofunny: One time I blew in from the duck blind. Heres the scenerio.........." Hey Sarge...its French. Geez I can't make it in today, I got the flu or.......BANG BANG BANG......." "yea Ok French....Sure your sick.........Try telling your boys not to shoot when you are making a fake call in......Have a good time bud!"

I could have killed those idiots....... Anyway thaqts why we work so hard all year....I accumulate sick-ation!
Dep666
hunter

Postby IRISH56 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:01 pm

I had a similar experience except what the Sgt. heard in the background was the hum of an I/O, a drag screeeeemin' and my brother yelling
" FISH - FISH - FISH , STARBOARD DIVER " :toofunny:

Thankfully the Sgt. was a fisherman also. DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting