I call BS!!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

I call BS!!

Postby wackemstackem » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Brant dont open till dec 28th and black duck bag is still only 1 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Re: I call BS!!

Postby Papabear » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:12 pm

yep :thumbsup: thanks guys
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Papabear
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:48 pm

I can only think of all the ammo I cant buy that I wont need now(finger to the head)bang
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby 870 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:36 pm

How about the fact we can only shoot 2 Broadbills again, whats up with that :fingerhead:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Postby longlakesd » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:03 pm

wackemstackem wrote:Brant dont open till dec 28th and black duck bag is still only 1 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If that makes you mad I can add something I read on Delta waterfowl to top it off. Atlantic Flyway is very concerned with the population of black ducks as we all know..... but in Canada they have "raised the black duck limit to try and recruit more hunters". As well as many other changed that were implemented in Canada to try and recruit more hunters. That ticks me off a little, now we got to suffer down here when they get to shoot more on their way down. Dumb.
Impeach Cuomo .... sign this petition

http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/?
longlakesd
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:32 pm

longlakesd wrote:
wackemstackem wrote:Brant dont open till dec 28th and black duck bag is still only 1 :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If that makes you mad I can add something I read on Delta waterfowl to top it off. Atlantic Flyway is very concerned with the population of black ducks as we all know..... but in Canada they have "raised the black duck limit to try and recruit more hunters". As well as many other changed that were implemented in Canada to try and recruit more hunters. That ticks me off a little, now we got to suffer down here when they get to shoot more on their way down. Dumb.

Here's what gets me, Years ago I ask our local Game Warden why they have reduced our Canada limit to three in our regular goose season. He told me it was because Canada wanted 50 thousand breeding pairs in the Providence of Ontario. I was watching a show a couple of years back from Canada and they were promoting a new program that was to draw more people into the sport, reason being. Up in Ontario they are overrun with Canada geese now and they wanted to reduce their numbers. Don't these Countries talk anymore. Hey DEC if your reading this, call Canada, you might be surprised at whats going on and how well the geese are doing up there.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:50 am

870 wrote:How about the fact we can only shoot 2 Broadbills again, whats up with that :fingerhead:

Yup..noticed that too
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby longlakesd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 am

poor management
Impeach Cuomo .... sign this petition

http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/?
longlakesd
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 am

I forwarded a few of the posts to a buddy of mine who is the (retired) DEC Director of Freshwater management for Long Island. DEC Biologist actually... master carver, hunter and great guy.
We spoke about this years ago and he told me that the USA has certain International agreements with global agreements to harvest animals in proportion the global population of those animals, not just the local density...
In short, if we are inundated with geese, but the global numbers are down, we have to adjust our numbers (unless it's an invasive species)....
I will post his response you your comments when he gets back to me.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:53 pm

So its Canadas fault for the late brant opening.. Im never reporting another brant band..
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:38 pm

wackemstackem wrote:So its Canadas fault for the late brant opening.. Im never reporting another brant band..

Me and my buddy stopped reporting years ago.....not bands but the wing/feather kit that we were asked to send back....
Too weird.....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Gabagool » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:50 pm

What's the big deal one tastes like poop and one tastes like crap
Gabagool
hunter

Postby sssurfertim » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Pt Lookout is going to be quiet! :tongue:
No island leaft for Islanders like me.
sssurfertim
hunter

Postby duckdoyle » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:44 am

NEW WORLD ORDER..............It has to do with Bilderburg...........Its like NAFTA for birds....
duckdoyle
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:49 am

here's another curveball...

fed's offered NY 3 BILLS...NY went with 2 instead....makes you go :huh:

as for the brant it has nothing to do with canada...from what i was told there was a big drop in the number of juvenile brant last season...when that happens it results in a shorter season....when the opposite happens and there is a large number of juveniles around...we get a 70 day 3 bird season....like we had a few seasons ago...those who count on brant for the guns to go boom will either have to wait till christmas to hunt or figure out how to shoot puddlers and geese...
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby sssurfertim » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:07 am

BayMan718 wrote:.those who count on brant for the guns to go boom will either have to wait till christmas to hunt or figure out how to shoot puddlers and geese...

Buffleheads! Poor little things :hammer:
No island leaft for Islanders like me.
sssurfertim
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:30 am

Ever since having the kids and not being able to get out at dawn as much, I have revisited enjoying afternoon buff shoots.
Trying to perfectly decoy them a pick out drakes is great fun (and practice!)
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby labtrainer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Slack Tide wrote:I forwarded a few of the posts to a buddy of mine who is the (retired) DEC Director of Freshwater management for Long Island. DEC Biologist actually... master carver, hunter and great guy.
We spoke about this years ago and he told me that the USA has certain International agreements with global agreements to harvest animals in proportion the global population of those animals, not just the local density...
In short, if we are inundated with geese, but the global numbers are down, we have to adjust our numbers (unless it's an invasive species)....
I will post his response you your comments when he gets back to me.

Slack, Well I was going to "Highlight" the statement about invasive species, but it won't work! Anyway, ask your buddy why the heck Cormorants don't fall under that. I see NO reason for them to be protected!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Talk about BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting