ny opener was mind boggling

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

ny opener was mind boggling

Postby toolmaker » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:41 pm

legal shooting time was 6:35 am, this morning on the SE opener....id say the masses were looking to behave i thought because by 6:25 no one had shot yet..... at 6: 26 someone let one go and it was onto the races...probably easily 50 shots were fired before 6:35...IN FLIPPIN SANE, I have never heard soooo much shooting and as bad as I know it can be, i couldnt comprehend the amount of shots fired today by my 8:30 departure... the middle of the marsh was controlled by three groups of hunters, easily EASILY they combined for well north of 300 rounds themselves!!!!!!!!!!! they had to be also shooting at blackbirds.... there just were not that many ducks flying...i guess it is possible someone tied a teal to a tether ball pole and it was flying in circles and they just kept trying to kill it...my mind is inside out, thinking about the number of shots fired!!! easy 600 rounds. I cant comprehend people thinking ahead enough to BRING that many rounds.... from 7- 8 I saw maybe 4 or 5 ducks.....but that one area of hunters shot about 150 rounds in that time.....we did very good....2 limits.....maybe 6 missed shots....nice retrieves...steady puppy...gorgeous morning with canadas flying all over.....but that insane number of gunshots will haunt me.

there had to be at least 4 guys with unplugged guns.....one was a cannon and one was a small bore, but you can tell the pattern of the guy going to empty his gun, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop.....i think one groups had two guys with no plug and they emptied their guns time and again....

its funny, I am beyond pissssed, i am just stunned with amazement.......

i certainly hope the warden listened to that display of horebdous shooting....

whew

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Re: ny opener was mind boggling

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:00 pm

toolmaker wrote:legal shooting time was 6:35 am WAY TOO LATE> TOO EASY FOR THE D-BAGS YOU ARE DESCRIBING..., this morning on the SE opener....id say the masses were looking to behave i thought because by 6:25 no one had shot yet..... at 6: 26 someone let one go and it was onto the races...probably easily 50 shots were fired before 6:35...IN FLIPPIN SANE, I have never heard soooo much shooting and as bad as I know it can be, i couldnt comprehend the amount of shots fired today by my 8:30 departure HOW'D YOU DO?... the middle of the marsh was controlled (YOU MEAN, POPULATED) by three groups of hunters (YOU MEAN A-HOLES) , easily EASILY they combined for well north of 300 rounds themselves!!!!!!!!!!! they had to be also shooting at blackbirds.... there just were not that many ducks flying (I WONDER WHY?)...i guess it is possible someone tied a teal to a tether ball pole and it was flying in circles and they just kept trying to kill it...my mind is inside out, thinking about the number of shots fired!!! easy 600 rounds. I cant comprehend people thinking ahead enough to BRING that many rounds (YAH YAH. VERR BRING ZEE ENTIRE CASE, FOR FUN. YA?).... from 7- 8 I saw maybe 4 or 5 ducks.....but that one area of hunters (ME TELL YOU....YOU MUST ZAY A-HOLZ!) shot about 150 rounds in that time.....we did very good....2 limits.....maybe 6 missed shots....nice retrieves...steady puppy...gorgeous morning with canadas flying all over.....but that insane number of gunshots will haunt me (MAKES ME ZINK OF ZEE SERBIAN TAKE OVER...YAH...BRINGING BACK ZEE GOOT MEMORIEZ!)

there had to be at least 4 guys with unplugged guns (VATS A PRUG?).....one was a cannon and one was a small bore, but you can tell the pattern of the guy going to empty his gun, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop.....i think one groups had two guys with no plug and they emptied their guns time and again....(DIE BOSNIA DIE!)

its funny, I am beyond pissssed, i am just stunned with amazement.......(VE AIM TO PREEZE!)

i certainly hope the warden listened to that display of horebdous shooting.... (ZAT VIRD TOO BIG...)
BTW MY DUCK HUNTINGS BOAT IZ ZTILL FOR ZALE ON ZEE CRAIGSUM RIST!)

whew

the tool
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby NYDucker » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:19 pm

It sounds like you described Tivoli to the "T"
NYDucker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:50 am

NYDucker wrote:It sounds like you described Tivoli to the "T"

What's Tivoli?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 am

Slack Tide wrote:
NYDucker wrote:It sounds like you described Tivoli to the "T"

What's Tivoli?

Tivoli is the wildlife management area the hunt took place......now you have just cyber scouted ! ha ha ha ha

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:29 am

I think you sent me a pic of where you were going.
Didn't know the name.
Glad you liked my post.
You probably bumped into the same western-euro trash that I talked about
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Slack Tide wrote:I think you sent me a pic of where you were going.
Didn't know the name.
Glad you liked my post.
You probably bumped into the same western-euro trash that I talked about

the picture was the CT opener spot, Tivoli was the NY opener....like you tell your students...PAY ATTENTION!! ha ha ha

salt marsh vs Cat tails and bullrushes

cattails and bullrushes are way taller than salt grass....so you cant see squat around you, just down the creek channels or the mountains in the distance.

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:42 pm

it wasnt much better where i was at...and you need a permit to get into the area...

SKYBUSTING...CHECK!

SHOOTING BEFORE STATE LEGAL....CHECK!

SHOOTING MORE THEN 25 ROUNDS...CHECK!

SETTING UP 70 YARDS BOTH SIDES OF SOMEONE AND SHOOTING AT BIRDS WORKING THEIR SPREAD....CHECK!

PADDLING BY AND SAYING....OH WE SHOT 20 DUCKS BUT COULDNT GET ANY CAUSE THEY FELL IN THICK COVER....CHECK!

SETTING UP DECOYS AT THE LAUNCH AND SHOOTING LIKE WILDMEN WHILE YELLING IN ARABIC OR RUSSIAN OR SOMESHIT...CHECKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

where the hell is the DEC?
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:17 pm

BayMan718 wrote: RUSSIAN

I tollllllld you!
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Slack Tide wrote:
BayMan718 wrote: RUSSIAN

I tollllllld you!

that you did...but im not sure it was russian....might have been yougoslavian or some eastern european...sounded like a cross between russian and something you would hear on al jazeera...

oh and they had on brown fly fishing waders and matching woodland camo jackets and boonie hats..and one of them was shooting a thumbholed 24 inch turkey gun :eek:
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting