SE ZONE OPENER...

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

SE ZONE OPENER...

Postby BayMan718 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:59 pm

was pretty good in numbers of birds...pretty bad in number of morons...but we out waited most of them who gave up around 8 am to go to eat i guess...and had two decent days...followed by one slow on private property cause someone decided to destroy the beaver dam and dry the place out big time....and then i had a hell of a solo hunt on private property this morning...

1st day 3 of us took 16 birds...mix of woodies..black ducks...mallards...teal and pintail...
tailgate2.jpg
DAY ONE

2nd day 3 of us took 14 birds...mix of blacks...mallards..and woodies...
tailgate1.jpg
day two

3rd day...we only shot a wood duck each on private property...(no pics)

today (4th day) i hunted solo in the am in the fog on another private swamp and limited out on a woodies..mallards and a black...in 30 mins :grooving:

IMG_0552.JPG
day 4

overall it was good hunting just had to outwit the dimwitt's... you know...those guys who set up 70 yards both sides of you blow HAIL CALLS at flocks of WOOD DUCKS... :huh:
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Re: SE ZONE OPENER...

Postby NYDucker » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Congrats on the nice hunts! Seems that the nit wit's are multiplying. This year not only did I have to deal with the other hunters (which might be Serbian and favor the Vodka) but the irate property owners that don't agree with hunting. The clown was setting off firecrackers in retaliation to our shooting. All in all the ducks have been pretty good. We have shot a lot of Pintails and Widgeon this year. Usually we get a couple in the year but so far we have shot quite a few and have seen even more. Good luck in what's left of the early season.
NYDucker
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:36 am

NYDucker wrote:Congrats on the nice hunts! Seems that the nit wit's are multiplying. This year not only did I have to deal with the other hunters (which might be Serbian and favor the Vodka) but the irate property owners that don't agree with hunting. The clown was setting off firecrackers in retaliation to our shooting. All in all the ducks have been pretty good. We have shot a lot of Pintails and Widgeon this year. Usually we get a couple in the year but so far we have shot quite a few and have seen even more. Good luck in what's left of the early season.

thanks ducker...oddly enough the pintail was flying in a flock of mallards... :huh:

been there....one opening morning of hudson valley geese...we had a wacko call the cops on us saying we blew out the windshield of his truck from 1700 yards away....then park his truck on the side off the field and lay on the horn everytime a flock of geese tried to decoy into our spread before the cops got there...ruined our morning....but after the cops got done reading him the riot act and told him he does anything to interfere with us hunting again he was going to jail...we returned in the afternoon and limited out right in front of him... :smile:
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby southpaw92 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:53 pm

bay

that looks like an awesome hunt!!
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:50 am

Isn't private property nice? I have a guy that has an underwater light on his dock in the inlet and will light the grill, grab a beer and his pole....jig, jig, boom....keeper bass (or weak, or flounder, or fluke) and tra-la-la.....back to the grill for dinner.
All this as the fleet passes to get outside to fish...
I have another buddy upstate with 30 acres of hemlock ponds and a little creek. Same thing for ducks..he has a little locker with his decoys in it at a few different spots, walks out with English Willies and a coffee...plunk, plunk go the decoys....and here come the ducks...
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 am

southpaw92 wrote:bay

that looks like an awesome hunt!!

thanks southpaw...it was an awesome 4 days indeed :thumbsup:

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:25 am

Slack Tide wrote:Isn't private property nice? I have a guy that has an underwater light on his dock in the inlet and will light the grill, grab a beer and his pole....jig, jig, boom....keeper bass (or weak, or flounder, or fluke) and tra-la-la.....back to the grill for dinner.
I have another buddy upstate with 30 acres of hemlock ponds and a little creek. Same thing for ducks..he has a little locker with his decoys in it at a few different spots, walks out with English Willies and a coffee...plunk, plunk go the decoys....and here come the ducks...

private is nice when people respect the no trespassing signs...when they get pissed off and screw up the beaver dam not so much...

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 am

BayMan718 wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:Isn't private property nice? I have a guy that has an underwater light on his dock in the inlet and will light the grill, grab a beer and his pole....jig, jig, boom....keeper bass (or weak, or flounder, or fluke) and tra-la-la.....back to the grill for dinner.

private is nice when people respect the no trespassing signs...when they get pissed off and screw up the beaver dam not so much...

Hey...private is private....they can be as pissed as they want...but stay away from my stuff
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:03 am

Slack Tide wrote:
BayMan718 wrote:

Hey...private is private....they can be as pissed as they want...but stay away from my stuff

apparently the white trash of ellensville ny missed that memo...

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:29 am

Now we just have to deal with the white trash of our area!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ronkonkoma!
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Slack Tide wrote:Now we just have to deal with the white trash of our area!

i thought that was mastic ? guess they migrated north and east...

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:36 am

BayMan718 wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:Now we just have to deal with the white trash of our area!

i thought that was mastic ? guess they migrated north and east...

They will debate you that there is a difference....
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Leaky-NY » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Hey Bayman, we didn't have those days but I got to hunt the whole opener with my son. The first time since he went away overseas to the dirt land. It was great to be out with him after missing 2 seasons together. You certainly had a good mix bag congrats there.

Leaky
If it aint ducks, Dogs or boats I cant talk now!
Leaky-NY
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:57 am

Leaky-NY wrote:Hey Bayman, we didn't have those days but I got to hunt the whole opener with my son. The first time since he went away overseas to the dirt land. It was great to be out with him after missing 2 seasons together. You certainly had a good mix bag congrats there.

Leaky

Leaky!

sounds like fun man...and a special morning...wont be long before the river comes alive...and now with an extra week into jan. might be magical good luck this season!!!

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting