well boys i think im done!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

well boys i think im done!

Postby southpaw92 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:05 am

well last night i had my blind bag stole from the truck.... few boxes of shell some hood rat wanted probably.... but the took my calls too.... including the one my grandfather bought right before my 18th bday.... but was never able to give to me bcause he died week before it... im done for the season i think....

South Paw
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Re: well boys i think im done!

Postby brampus » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 am

Sorry to hear that. Don't let some A Hole ruin your year. What kind of calls did you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
brampus
hunter

Postby NYDucker » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:10 am

That really sucks, I'm sorry! Did you report it to the local PD? You never know when they may come into contact with the dirt chicken. If they see the duck calls in the car or in his possession the officer may know that it is stolen as that is not common for them to posses but he may not know who's it is. If you report it they may be able to trace it back to you if seen. I'd also check Craig's List and EBay (more so CL). They are pretty stupid and lazy but when it comes to making a dollar illegally they become somewhat resourceful. Once again sorry....I can feel your pain.
NYDucker
hunter

Postby turf » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:20 am

One more reason to report it, if an empty turns up at a shooting scene and they find your prints on it could save you a big hassle
turf
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:27 pm

that sucks big time.....the problem is that the crime these days is worth the "punishment".....they will slap his wrist.....

reminds of the time I was playing roulette and the next guy stole some chips, they looked at the camera film and found who it was, they went to him, and he just handed over the chips. THEY LET HIM STAY AT THE TABLE!!! he had nothing to lose and everything to gain!!

good luck trying to get the calls back

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm not going to tell you that's sucks, you already know that. What I'm going to tell you is, suck it up,replace the calls and move on. If your gramps was like mine, he'd bitch slap you for quitting over some lost calls. Replace the calls, let it go, be more careful next time and get back into the game. I'm not some internet bully or jerk, this the same thing I'd tell my boys and have if it happened to them. Good luck the rest of the season, post some pics of your new call's with ducks :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby DukBum » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Southpaw,Get ahold of me I might be able to help you come up with some gear to get you back in the game :thumbsup:
There is more to this then just killing ducks
DukBum
State Moderator

Postby southpaw92 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:45 pm

hahahaha 870 i needed that! good lord when

i just read that all i could hear was my grandfather "what are you some sort of PANzzzy boi" (i wrote
that just like it would have been said) your right that was a little extreme! so im over my self now :)
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby southpaw92 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:49 pm

ohh and yeas the first thing i did when i noticed was call pd... normally sheriffs show up but state trooper came this time... idk if i was because there was ammo involved or what....
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:03 pm

southpaw92 wrote:ohh and yeas the first thing i did when i noticed was call pd... normally sheriffs show up but state trooper came this time... idk if i was because there was ammo involved or what....

Usually sheriffs show up? If your calling them that much, time to get the hell out of that hole :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby southpaw92 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:27 pm

well its not like we call the cops all the time.... most of the time its my neighbor calling the sheriffs in me while im working on my truck.... they come down talk to him. come over to me say hey sorry about this again... see ya... lol i know a couple by name hahaha just stupid little stuff
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:02 pm

southpaw92 wrote:well its not like we call the cops all the time.... most of the time its my neighbor calling the sheriffs in me while im working on my truck.... they come down talk to him. come over to me say hey sorry about this again... see ya... lol i know a couple by name hahaha just stupid little stuff

Gotcha, I live in a covenant controlled community, cuz I got a steal on a house. Believe the cops know this guy <-- lol Good luck on your season, don't get down. You should post a nice "F*CK you c*ck sucker!" note so the porch moneky can come by and see it :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 am

870 wrote:I'm not going to tell you that's sucks, you already know that. What I'm going to tell you is, suck it up,replace the calls and move on. If your gramps was like mine, he'd bitch slap you for quitting over some lost calls. Replace the calls, let it go, be more careful next time and get back into the game. I'm not some internet bully or jerk, this the same thing I'd tell my boys and have if it happened to them. Good luck the rest of the season, post some pics of your new call's with ducks :thumbsup:

Well said! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :beer:

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:40 am

southpaw92 wrote:well last night i had my blind bag stole from the truck.... few boxes of shell some hood rat wanted probably.... but the took my calls too.... including the one my grandfather bought right before my 18th bday.... but was never able to give to me bcause he died week before it... im done for the season i think....

South Paw

Meth is baddd chit man....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:55 am

dont let some douchebag hoodrat take something you love away from you...your grandfather wouldnt want that...get back in the game...hell ill personally send you some calls and i have an extra blind bag i can give you... i know it wont replace the items that you lost that had a deep personal value but if it helps get you back out there shoot me a pm
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby redheads&greenheads » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:01 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. The ammo and replaceable items are bad but the special call...that is just unspeakable. As hard as it is don't let some priceless idiot take away your passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
--------------------------
"When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
-Aldo Leopold
redheads&greenheads
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:07 pm

edit
Last edited by txhunter90 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby southpaw92 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Hey tx when your 17 and have to make the call of taking your grandfather off life support or not let me know how you feel when all you have to remember him by is gone. My grandfather was basicly my father so (edited by Mod)
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Easy
Last edited by txhunter90 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby 870 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Knock it off or I'll lock it :mad:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby labtrainer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:42 am

Really guy's???????? :no:
Some times bad things happen to good people
or as our Pastor say's;
"Sometimes good things happen to bad people"
Most of us do not deserve ANY type of blessings , but yet if we look around, even in the darkest times, we have much to be thankful for! Bickering over who has it tougher or rougher serves no purpose.
Nearly everyone has been down a difficult stretch of road. As 870 and others have said, "let it go" and "get back in the game"
:thumbsup:
"Keep your eye's on the horizion"
from my Dad on my first duck hunt!
labtrainer
hunter

Postby B-LO » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:31 pm

sucks to hear brother. Scumbags for sure
B-LO
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting