finally!!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

finally!!

Postby harvey1b » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:23 pm

well, we finally got some good duck hunting weather and the season is long gone! :hammering:

Isn't that the way it goes. Driving to work this morning the sky was full of duck over Onondaga Lake.

It's probably going to be an early spring too, so the turkey's won't be strutting anymore by the time season comes around.

Sorry for the moaning. Can you tell I haven't been hunting in a few weeks!?!
harvey1b
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:41 pm

couldn't tell :laughing:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby kaylasbadshot » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:17 am

i have a half dozen or so fields around me to hunt and every morning and evening since the season closed the geese are pouring into them. took a ride to bass pro on sunday and watched tons of snows fly over montezuma. luckily, i am force fetching my pup right now so that has kept me busy.
kaylasbadshot
hunter

Postby mwc4fishing » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:37 am

Still hunting down on Long Island. Winds are supposed to be 35mph tomorrow and cold. Can't wait! :smile:
mwc4fishing
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:31 am

ooo force fetch. that's fun :umm: not really but your dog will be so much better off after going through it. Good job :thumbsup:

I just had Lily's hips and elbows x-rayed and she should be coming into heat anytime. When she does we're going to be having a litter this spring.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby Maine4Me » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:55 pm

I understand the feeling. Just last weekend I was doing some work on our lease west of Syracuse and saw 30 plus geese on shore with a steady stream of mallards landing in the flooded timber across the river. Now all I can do is flip through the catalogs and dream of all the money I'm going to spend on my new obsession (1st year hunting waterfowl). The only thing i can hang onto inow s the hope that I can return to Maine for a late season Sea Duck hunt off the coast of Portland. :thumbsup:
Population "Not Many!"
Maine4Me
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting