hudson valley goose opening weekend...

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

hudson valley goose opening weekend...

Postby BayMan718 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 am

had a great 2 days hunting this past weekend in the hudson valley...not much corn down...and goose numbers were way off from normal but we had a great time none the less...

saturday am...we hunted 10 acres of cut corn that my friend cut on thursday for us...not a lot of birds coming into it so i wouldnt call it an " X " but we were located right in the flyway from the roost and ran traffic on birds and shot the 9 bird 3 man limit by 8 am....this was mikey jr.'s first goose hunt over corn and he's hooked...

first light....

mikey jr....his dad and our birds...

sunday am...hit a buddies backyard( 50 acre hayfield) with my friend phil...that 2 flocks of residents have been using...only problem some jagaloon busted the roost up 3/4 mile from us and all the birds came at once...we took 2 birds each out of that group and then had to try to convince geese flying out to the corn fields that they should come visit us instead of fresh cut corn...called to over 12 flocks none dropping lower then 50 yard before a pair bought it and came in hot...i took the left bird...phil took the right bird of the pair and low and behold it was banded...(6 year old from Quebec) called it a morning with our 6 bird limit at 10 am...

we hid our blinds next to ground hog mounds worked perfect

phil with our birds and his band...

looking forward to going up again sunday..hopefully some more birds will filter down on the this next cold front...
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Re: hudson valley goose opening weekend...

Postby redheads&greenheads » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Beautiful first light. Nice birds!
--------------------------
"When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
-Aldo Leopold
redheads&greenheads
hunter

Re: hudson valley goose opening weekend...

Postby BayMan718 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:32 am

redheads&greenheads wrote:Beautiful first light. Nice birds!

thank you red!
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting