Quick season update

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Quick season update

Postby clymerfowler » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:55 am

Well so far the season hasnt been the best. Been seeing a ton of birds. Opening day (oct 26th) i had 2 others wanting to hunt so we set up in a corn field the geese were going to. well the wind was pushing 30mph all morning the the ducks couldn't get down to the spread. then once the geese started flying they coulnd get lined up with the spread to land. i ended up plucking 2 from a escaping flock. Day 2 (oct 27th) me and my friend went to a big swamp across from my house. saw tons of mallards and woodies all day. dropped 3 drake woodies right off the bat. then about 9am 3 mallards worked from behind and i picked off the one drake. as i was walking out to get it i saw a lone goose low and cupped coming over the back of the blind into the hole. i yelled to my friend to shoot it and he missed it twice and i dropped it with a load of 4s as it flew over me. after that we had another single goose fly in and we double tapped it. around 4pm a large flock of geese came over very low and we dropped two. so at the end of day 2 we had 4 geese, 1 mallard, and 3 woodies. since then i have went out twice to a woddie hole and shot once and killed a hen woodie. the mallards and woodies seem to be moving in hard now right with the geese. should be good this week.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Re: Quick season update

Postby Suncutter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Seeing the same on the other side of the county. Im closer to catt county and hunt that often. We did good on chautauqua the 2nd day of season.
870 wrote::welcome: to the site NYducks55
Around here you'd get a warmer answer by asking to have sex with our daughters. :
Suncutter
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting