looks like we're moving out west...

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

looks like we're moving out west...

Postby altrocker1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:17 am

well at some point last year, i made a post about coming back to my wifes hometown to do a little duck hunting. at the time we lived in iowa. since then we made a move to new jersey so that i could start a new job. as luck would have it, due to many circumstances, we are now on the search for a home in the lakewood/jamestown area in chautauqua county. there are a lot of reasons for this move, the biggest being the arrival of our first child in february. our plan is to move once our lease is up in april...

so if you see a big dopey guy from the midwest out scouting and looking lost, try not to give him too hard of a time ;)
altrocker1
hunter

Re: looks like we're moving out west...

Postby toolmaker » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:08 pm

heck no...wed just treat him like a city slicker new yorker out in the midwest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrates on the new addition to be

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:12 am

Damn altrocker, you sure do move around a lot! Does this mean your leaving NJH? You made a good choice moving to upstate NY. Great state if you can take the taxes!
dgram36
hunter

Postby altrocker1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:55 pm

dgram36 wrote:Damn altrocker, you sure do move around a lot! Does this mean your leaving NJH? You made a good choice moving to upstate NY. Great state if you can take the taxes!

yeah...we were only going to be in jersey for a few years, but now that the baby is coming and due to a lot of things, it just makes sense to do it now. we are not 100% sure as of yet, but we are going house hunting next weekend and we'll know more by then.

regardless, i'm hoping i found a few decent places in nj to hunt so that i can hunt when i come back to the area for work. im sure i'll stick around new jersey hunter...its a pretty typical forum. some good dudes, some not so good. i have met a couple good guys already from there though, so joining was well worth it. right now work is kicking my butt right now, but life will be much calmer after nove 23rd. i plan on doing a lot more scouting/hunting after that day...still will be plenty of time to get out in jersey. we won't be leaving until april
altrocker1
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 pm

It's all good buddy, I'm from upstate NY. If it weren't for my job id be upstate in a heartbeat;)
dgram36
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting