Nominee for DEC Commissioner

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Nominee for DEC Commissioner

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:09 pm

Maybe I'm slow to realize things, but I received this e-mail and I thought you might be concerned. Many of you are in different congressional districts but hopefully you can get the message to your representatives as well...

I got this from a friend. Most of you have John Defrancisco as your Senator.
My brother outdoorsmen & women!

I am posting this to inform all those sportsmen who may not know this, but Gov Spitzer has nominated Alexander "Pete" Grannis to become the new NYS DEC Commissioner.. This guy is a downstate liberal, from lower Manhattan, whose record in the State Assembly (he's been in the Assembly since 1974!) is very clear - ANTI Gun, ANTI Trapping, ANTI Hunting, ANTI use of the outdoors, ATV/Snowmobiles, etc, etc. Its a matter of public record where this guy stands on issues most important to us as sportsmen and women in NYS.

We must all unite now to block his confirmation. Confirmation happens in the NYS Senate, and we still have many allies in the Senate, but they will move forward to confirm this guy if they do not hear from us.

It took me 5 minutes to send an e-mail to Sen. Defrancisco. YOU NEED TO DO THE SAME!
E-mail Senator John A. DeFrancisco <http://senatordefrancisco.org/send_email.asp>

Senator Defrancisco

I request your support in opposing the appointment of Grannis as Commissioner of DEC. Grannis is totally unqualified to fill this position.. The person has no understanding of conservation, wise-use of natural resources, restoring wildlife habitat, management of wildlife and the environment, sylviculture nor any other field related to DEC. Grannis has no knowledge or understanding of upstate and rural issues, especially those related to the Adirondacks. Additionally, his unbridled hatred and contempt of trappers, hunters, firearm owners, snowmobilers, ATV/OHV/ORV owners and the Bill of Rights, especially the 2nd Amendment, makes him unfit to be DEC Commissioner or hold any government position.

One has only to look at his Assembly record to confirm this. All legislation he introduces or supports is designed solely for the destruction of upstate and rural NY. His opposition to allowing the Adirondacks and other rural areas to join the 20th Century (let alone the 21st) has been shown repeatedly, especially in his opposition to cell phone, emergency services, and other communications towers for coverage and safety of the people.

Grannis's legislation to abolish trapping, hunting, firearm ownership, shooting sports, boy and girl scout activities, camping, outdoor recreation and other Christian family pursuits is a matter of record. His attempts to destroy outdoor recreation on state lands and destroy the economy of rural towns and villages are well known. His lack of knowledge and comprehension of conservation, environment, natural resources and the upstate economy is further documented by his actions and statements. I urge everyone who supports conservation, wise-use of natural resources, managed environment, outdoor recreation, fishing, hunting, trapping, local jobs and economic growth and development to contact their senators and insist they oppose Grannis for DEC Commissioner

Thank you for your time, your constituent
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:40 am

Thanks for posting this up Whistler.

I also sent a letter to Mr. Defrancisco. Hopefully we can block Grannis.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:46 pm

Here’s another easy online petition you can sign in opposition to Grannis’s nomination to DEC Commissioner:

http://www.petitiononline.com/nogranni/petition.html
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting