DE Snow Goose Hunt w/pics

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

DE Snow Goose Hunt w/pics

Postby IRISH56 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:56 pm

Well, we failed to put the "smack down" on the snows but we shot a few. The spread consisted of 2k decoys - yep I said 2000 decoys :eek: . A full trailer and a haywagon full of full bodies and shells.

If you want to see snows then DE is apparently the place to be, we saw easily 20,000 birds - maybe more. They just weren't decoying at all. Most of our shots were passing shots at birds that were very leary.

Here's a few pics from my bro's digital. When I get my 35mm developed I may have some shots of the 10k or so that landed in the field next ours.

(that's me 2nd from left)

DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Snows

Postby Dep666 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:04 pm

Great pics.......Holy crap..." Man I think I sould have put out that last 2 dekes left in the truck....." Now thats a spread....
Dep666
hunter

good hunt

Postby cobber » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:26 am

Looks like you had a great time and experience. Try it again. It appears the weather wasn't helping at all. Bright blue days are toughest for those birds.

Wish I was there, I miss it.
cobber
hunter

Postby kaylasbadshot » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:57 am

even though you didnt put the smack down what a great experience. i can not imagine what it looks like to have that many decoys out. i thought 5-6 dozen was a lot. please post more pics when you get a chance. thanks for sharing
kaylasbadshot
hunter

Postby IRISH56 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:51 pm

My 35mm pic's did not turn out well .... I got some moisture in the lens somewhere along the way :pissed:

Anyways - it was quite a site, both the birds and the spread. When the real big flocks come down they come down in a white tornado.

If you've got an inkling on going down shoot me a pm and I'll give you my thoughts on a guide.

DAN
IRISH56
hunter

Postby 870 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:00 pm

Hey IRISH, you might think you didn’t put thy o’l smack down on um, but you’ve done a whole lot better than us. Great job Dan! :thumbsup:

I’ve seen Snow’s pull that tornado trick. I was hunting 40 miles north of the Mexican border in Cali. They would cork screw them selves out of the safe zone, then fly overhead out of range, then cork screw them selves down in an other safe zone. :pissed:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Snows

Postby Dep666 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:30 pm

Thats why you always bring the ole surface to air missle with ya......
Dep666
hunter

Nj Snows...

Postby Honkers41 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:40 pm

i'm sorry you did'nt put the smackdown on them whitedevils....the trick into killing birds on the east coast is waiting to the warm airs of late feb and March roll in..its tough down there this time of year..the best snowgoose hunting is still to come in the next few weeks,when the main flocks of snows come back to nj&Del...there be over 100,00 snows circling overhead alday....but i'm glad you did'nt get skunked...congrats Russ aka Honkers41!!..Keep in touch bud....
Honkers41
hunter

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:30 pm

so who paid for all those dekes?
Silverbullet
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Hey Irish56 glad to see you made it down here to Del-A-Where?? for a hunt. I have been away with the military and I am just now catching up with all the old news. I hope you enjoyed it. They are here like that every year through April/May. The funny thing is I can remember hunting with my father and grandfather and snows were a rare bird here! Anyway congrats on bagging some Delaware Snows!!! Have a great season break and hope to see some more pics next season. :thumbsup:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting