Hey All

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Hey All

Postby sneakbox » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:17 pm

Tell me what you think!
What does this guy know about Running The DEC

COMMISSIONER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION - ALEXANDER B. "PETE" GRANNIS
Biography

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 25, 2007, Governor Eliot Spitzer nominated, Alexander B. "Pete" Grannis to serve as Commissioner of the Department of Environmental Conservation. Mr. Grannis was first elected to the Assembly in 1974 and represented the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Roosevelt Island. He served as Chair of the Assembly Insurance Committee and as a member of the Assembly Ways and Means Committee.

Mr. Grannis has championed environmental issues throughout his tenure in the legislature. He was a leader in fighting for the passage of SEQRA, the original bottle bill, and the clean-up and revitalization of the state's brownfields. Mr. Grannis has also played a key role in the enactment of a wide range of environmental legislation, including measures related to acid rain, clean air and water, fluorocarbons and recycling. He chaired the Assembly's first Subcommittee on Toxic Wastes, sponsored legislation ensuring a worker's right to know about hazardous materials in the work place and has worked to regulate the transport, storage and disposal of toxic wastes. Mr. Grannis authored the state's rapid transit noise code and has been at the forefront of the fight to have the MTA convert its polluting diesel bus fleet to clean fuels.

A nationally recognized leader in the fight to curb the health hazards posed by smoking, Mr. Grannis authored New York's 1989 Clean Indoor Air Act (CIAA) and amendments adopted in 2003 to protect all working men and women from deadly secondhand smoke. His legislative efforts to curb smoking, including the historic CIAA and the Adolescent Tobacco Use Prevention Act have received global recognition. Mr. Grannis’s work has been hailed by numerous public health organizations including the American Cancer Society and the New York State Association of County Health Officials.

Mr. Grannis is a three-time winner of the Legislator of the Year award from the Environmental Planning Lobby and was accorded similar honors by the Audubon Society, the Environmental Action Coalition and Environmental Advocates. He also received the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Public Service Award in recognition of his efforts in promoting the humane treatment of animals.

Mr. Grannis lives with his family in New York City. He is a graduate of Rutgers University and the University of Virginia Law School. Prior to entering the Assembly, Mr. Grannis practiced law in New York City and served as Compliance Counsel for the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.

We All Need to contact our representatives and let them know how we feel!

Fred
sneakbox
hunter

Postby sneakbox » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:31 pm

I should have added that I feel he should have been appointed to the DEP instead! He would probably do a much better job.
sneakbox
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Did you notice this line:

He also received the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Public Service Award in recognition of his efforts in promoting the humane treatment of animals.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby ganderwacker » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:26 pm

Yeah, This guys a real gem. Sponsored a couple of trash pieces of gun legislation., but here is the best part. He sponsored a bill that would allow townships/municipalities to set their own trapping regulations and we all know where this is headed. I can;t speak for everyone but I don't want ANY politition alone setting wildlife management laws. This guy is bad for us NY sportsman but probably a good thing if you are a toxic dump infected cross dressing welfare bull queer from New York City. :thumbsdown:
" Always remember son,when hunting with fancy people,it's tally-ho the fox.Not there goes the little red SOB"
ganderwacker
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:35 pm

Who knows maybe one day we will elect a governor who will realize that the Canadian border isn’t just outside of the city limits of Albany. It’s just one city boy taking care of another city boy. They call it politics. Maybe Spitzer should of appointed him head of an other DEC Department of Environmental Cleanup he sounds suited for the job. Sorry to offend anyone, but it sounds like we up here in Central and Northern NY are going to get screwed over for at least an other four years. Just my opinion,,,,, oh hold tight to the first and second amendments. :salude:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby sneakbox » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:30 pm

I have to agree with you 870.I thought when Pataki was elected things would change for the better BUT, same ole same ole.Like ive said in previous posts if All the hunters and outdoors people in NYS boycotted Hunting,Trapping and Fishing, and all the outdoor activities that we pay for through our tax dollars and license fees Maybe then we would get OUR point Across! Then Maybe the Good ole Boys in Albany Might see things Our Way,But I guess time will tell HUH! Unfortunetly, the wildlife would be the likely ones to suffer.
Fred
sneakbox
hunter

Postby Jpensyl » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:35 pm

You guys get on that boycott, I'm right behind ya :yes: I'll even store any gear and keep track of your spots so you dont get tempted to jump ship. :hammering: If there's a hunter strike in NY, I'll be the first scab in line.
"Take'em Boys"
Jpensyl
hunter

Postby sneakbox » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:30 am

HA! HA! HA! Theres always One In The Bunch LOL!
sneakbox
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 am

New York is a big place so I will make the sacrifice to help Jpensyl out while you guys tow the line. :thumbsup:
harvey1b
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:14 pm

Harvey what do you mean “you guys” as far as I’m going to go is to place a life size cardboard cut out my self in the picket line holding a sign. :withstupid:

While we’re putting the smack down on them air hogs out on some island, are you up for it bud ? :yes: :laughing:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting