Sportsman show at Rochester Dome

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Sportsman show at Rochester Dome

Postby Silverbullet » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:23 pm

http://www.osegsportsmens.com/html/rochester.html

i usually go to this and for some reason they have way too much fishin stuff but a decent amount of hunting stuff

people usually have guns for sale

see ya there
Silverbullet
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:20 am

Do they actually have stuff for sale at this show? At ours it's mostly guide services advertising. I may go just for the dog demonstrations.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby Silverbullet » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:52 pm

yes they hve many things for sale

in the actual dome there is many many vendors .... in the other barn there are more demonstrations

if you want you can PM me for more information
Silverbullet
hunter

i'll be there..

Postby WNYHunter » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:49 am

i'll be there on saturday with my 6 year old son...if you see a cute little kid with a camo bass pro hat on and camo pants...its probably me and my son :biggrin:
he like doing the pellet gun shooting, bow and catching the fish in the barrel......
WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Sports show

Postby Dep666 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:00 am

Did anyone else go to this? I was kind of dissapointed........If there was a booth on waterfowl hunting (Besides the D U booth ) I missed it. There were plenty of guides from Canada for Bears and such. The deer mounts were pretty impressive and a couple of charter captians I know were there. Other than thet I felt like the show was kind of a waste of time.
Now don't get me wrong, there was fun stuff for the kids to do and thats cool. I'm just looking at it from a waterfowl hunter's standpoint. I think it would have been nice to have a little more exposure of the sport. Who knows if my daughter was a little older and could fish in the pond or shoot the air rifles, maybey my opinion would be different........
Dep666
hunter

I went

Postby WNYHunter » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:52 am

Matt-
Yes, I went with my 6 yr old son and 7 yr old daughter. They had a good time and yes, they shot the air rifles and bow's. I have two compalints...I walked outta there $40 poorer. Both my kids had to have a paid for admission, which I thought was too bad. And I 100% agree with you, I did not see one waterfowl booth. That would have been nice. And to be honest...I am not a huge proponent of penned game farms. A lot of guides were boasting 100+ acre fenced in boar hunt, etc. To me that is not hunting. Anyhow....good to be around hunting and fishing stuff at least.
BTW, the skoal girls were not nearly as hot as last year, nor their outfits! :rolleyes: :oops:
WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Postby Jpensyl » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:20 pm

The one they have here in buffalo every year is just as bad if not worse. Nothing really worth while to see and waterfowlers dont really exist. It looks like the rochester show was the same week as the erie pa show so I bet alot of vendors had to choose what show to do. I see the erie pa show at least had the boys from "killin time" and longneck outdoors doing a goose hunting presentation. I'll check out the buffalo one again this weekend, at least I'll get to catch up with Jim beverly and watch a couple retriever demo's.
"Take'em Boys"
Jpensyl
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting