New to central NY

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

New to central NY

Postby Dube23 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Always have hunted thanksgiving AM for ducks and geese over water. I am by Skaneateles and am wondering if there is any marshes along the lake to hunt . Just moved down here and know big water is best later in the season as small water freezes .Not opposed to hunting rivers with my Chessy though. I have a14 foot TDB that I use on lake Champlain a lot and can handle most smaller lakes easily . Only here a month some I am hard pressed to get some shooting in. Thx.
Dube23
hunter

Re: New to central NY

Postby southpaw92 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:56 pm

hey welcome im new to hunting my own spots lol and im not far from skinny lake... shoot me a pm and me and the gf will look around with ya... we have a couple boats to use... but my lab is out of commission for the season... tore ligaments... WELCOME AGAIN and let me know
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Re: New to central NY

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Welcome to CNY! The only marshy (more like swampy) area on Skaneateles is at the south end. Like the other Finger Lakes, it is a deep trench for most of it's length.

I'm up in Elbridge and will be doing some lake hunting through the end of the season, shoot me a PM if you want.

Only here for a month though? :huh: Are you here for work?
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting