Weather Forecast for Sunday!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Weather Forecast for Sunday!

Postby TominatorNY » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Its going to be terrible tomorrow...... 18 degrees, 27 mph sustained wind speed, 3-6 inches of snow, Oneida Lake 4+ ft waves..... wayyyyyy too crappy to do anything. Guess I'll just have to go duck hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TominatorNY
hunter

Re: Weather Forecast for Sunday!

Postby longlakesd » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:24 am

TominatorNY wrote:Its going to be terrible tomorrow...... 18 degrees, 27 mph sustained wind speed, 3-6 inches of snow, Oneida Lake 4+ ft waves..... wayyyyyy too crappy to do anything. Guess I'll just have to go duck hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why i stayed off oneida after dealing with yesterdays weather up their ... and thought the river would be awesome for mallards ..... say only 10 ducks ... buddy and i went we ended with 2 geese and 3 ducks .. I don't understand how we only saw 10 mallards with this weather that seemed to be perfect for puddler duck hunting... how did u end up ? hope it was just a bad spot for the morning for whatever reason and that someone is seeing some puddlers...
Impeach Cuomo .... sign this petition

http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/?
longlakesd
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:05 pm

man was the wind HOWLING across the fields.....it was BARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTAL, walking the jump shoot route.... core sweating...neck ,ears, faCE AND HANDS WERE FROZE OFF..........MAN WAS IT HONKING

HAD TO BE 40 MPH GUSTS

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby TominatorNY » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:53 pm

If you are not seeing ducks right NOW, you are in the wrong place!!!

Slush ice and some thicker ice on the bays and harbors on Oneida Lake this morning, had to break ice to launch the boat! Its on!!
TominatorNY
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:26 pm

We were in a field Sunday just off Oneida. Shot a 9 man limit of geese by 1pm. We had seen about 4-500 mallards and blacks feeding in this field with the geese the evening before when we got permission on it, but only about 50 visited us Sunday evening. Ended up with 13 mallards on top of the geese. It was chilly, and Monday, although it wasnt windy thank God, wasnt any better on the thermometer

does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting