hey everybody

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

hey everybody

Postby 870 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:36 pm

HEY EVERYBODY IT'S NOT FREEZING!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Can you guys believe it, it seems like a time to celebrate !!!!!

It won't belong and we will be longline fishing in soft water YES!!!

Then the waters will be filled with chicklets :yes:

Then you boys know what come next, OH YEAH we'll be tripping the web feet and skidding them on the water like stones on a mill pond :rofl:

Hey we getting together this spring or what, have we come up with a spot yet? :huh: personally I can't wait

So whats got you guys excited about the sping coming on us :biggrin:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:41 pm

TURKEYS!!!
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:55 pm

:dito:

Hell yeah!!! The warm weather is awesome. I'm seeing more geese around, and that means chicklets, which means shootin honkers is just around the corner. :banana:

I was checking out my turkey spot this weekend and saw a nice group of 3 mature gobblers. I can't wait. Lily and I hung some woodie boxes this weekend in a couple sweet spots. I hope they get used.

Otherwise I've been touching up the decoys, bought some high priced hardware that I put on my girlfriends' left hand, and Liller finally came into heat so we're gettin' ready to throw some pups!

A summer get together would be great. We just need to pick a place. I don't know of anything off the top of my head.

Somebody post up a good idea.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:51 am

I think Lakeview Marsh would be ideal. Someone else had posted that they had campsites, and you got Ontario right there as well.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby obageegee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Went fishing yesterday. Dam cold! No bites

Spence
obageegee
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:34 pm

Whistlerwhittler wrote:TURKEYS!!!

Thanks WW how could I forget :no:

It's been a good winter for them, they seemed to of come through it just fine

I don't know about you guys, but I have to blow out the rest of my decoys, I have to get them done.

I'm should be done with my Whistlers tonight. Then I have to do my Buffs they shouldn't take too long. My single Broadies now thats going to take some time. As fussy as I am I'm looking at lease 3 weeks, but who knows. :lol:

Do any of you guys Bullhead fish?
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Yeah I've been seeing a lot of turkeys out and about the last week or so. Saw a tom strutting today. I usually try to get out bullhead fishing at least once in the spring. I might bring my sons this year, in the past I was worried about them falling in the water in the dark. I was also thinking of giving the northerns a try in May. The only ones I've caught came through a hole in the ice. I've got to finish mounting an eider tonight. A friend gave it to me, it would be nice to hunt them someday. It would be nice to get together this summer. I've never been to Lakeview Marsh, but how about Fair Haven State Park? They have camping and a boat launch.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Hey WW, if you ever want to get up this way and try for those snot rockets let me know. Once the season opens up again I'll start jigging for them as well using crank baits. Later on I'll just troll for those toothy boogers. I'm easy to find and I'd love to take you and the boys out. Momma's a good cook as well :thumbsup:
State Moderator

Postby CLUTCHfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Right now I'm in training for St. Patricks day. That takes up quite a bit of my time on the weekends. I'm waiting for the snow to go so I can start shooting woodchucks and catching trout. I'm also starting my house search.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby quacker stacker » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:52 pm

HEY 870 I bullhead fish and I might need some old guy to drive my boat and bait my hook. IF you are interested I wont charge you. :yes: ON a nother note I went over to the land and started some work on some blinds I hope there will be some birds there this fall. :thumbsup:
quacker stacker
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:16 pm

Thanks 870. Does the Clayton Decoy Show correspond with any good pike fishing or is it too late in the summer? By the way, I like those Upstate NY jokes. I too laughed at the Halloween joke.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:35 pm

WW,you bet bud :thumbsup: The one's we'll be after will be in the deep water anyways. It's all in the water temp :yes: You might want to look into a one day Canadian license. If not there is plenty of spot's we can drag plastic's and spoons on our side of the river :thumbsup:

QS that all depends on weather you boys blasted them all or not last fall :lol:

BTW you can bait your own damn hook :rofl:

HEY QS remember when we caught those three buckets of Bullheads???????????? And I let you clean them all, God that was funny :rofl:

OH YEAH QS one last thing we'll take my boat I know it's registered :rolleyes: :oops: :no: :help:
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting