Had a good time visiting

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Had a good time visiting

Postby PSUbuzz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Thank you to the guys that PMed me back and helped me out with rules and regs. We burned a lot of gas scouting on Friday and ended up with some pretty good spots. Had to leave a day early to come back down to MD due to the weather and work etc. It was pretty cold up there, but we did well I think. 77 birds in 2 morning hunts and 1 all day hunt. Monday morning when the rivers were freezing up, we decided it was time to throw in the towel and head home. We had done our damage.

Some pics from NY trip

Sat AM hunt

Sunday all day hunt

Monday, even the rivers were icing up. We had to take unorthodox tactics
Monday morning before we threw in the towel
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Re: Had a good time visiting

Postby toolmaker » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:24 pm

nice job, you scouted hard and you deserve what you got......just shows what the locals were too lazy to work for....

but then again when you make the trip, you put a concentrated effort into it, to make all the expense ...worth it...

i know if i have good spots, sometimes I just dont get out of bed...i figure, Ill hit it another day , if I didnt make plans with anyone else.

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Re: Had a good time visiting

Postby PSUbuzz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:34 am

We are used to working for birds in MD, you guys have much better numbers of birds than we do down here. It was just a matter of putting the miles on the truck and not being afraid to knock.
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting