Registering boat no regi?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Registering boat no regi?

Postby Buffleheadhunter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:27 am

Just picked up a little duck boat and need to register it so I can put my 6hp on. Gentleman I bought it from couldn't find registration, he never registered in his name, bought it years ago at the duckboat show and it had a current transferable registration. Long story short I though I had 12' papers so I didn't sweat it, now I can't find them. The boats got numbers is there a way to get replacement title if I don't know who it's registered to? What's my best course of action? It's an old mfg cartopper hull with a blind and deck built on, no hid numbers. Any help would be appreciated.
Buffleheadhunter
hunter

Re: Registering boat no regi?

Postby TominatorNY » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 am

You can talk to DMV and see..... They can track the hull ID numbers, or you may be able to register it as a homemade boat? Ya gotta call em and see.
TominatorNY
hunter

Re: Registering boat no regi?

Postby Buffleheadhunter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:52 am

Thanks, I was dreading that. My plan for lunch time. Hate dealing with them with boat issues, feel like it's always the runaround, and when I come back the next person plays by a different set of rules. My last boat took 4 trips. That was with papers. I need to get this done by Christmas break as I've got 2 weeks to hunt.
Buffleheadhunter
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting