Trout success?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Trout success?

Postby cobber » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:03 am

Anyone have any luck fishing? Lets hear. I haven't been out yet. I may try for bass after the holiday or catch a trout or two.
cobber
hunter

Postby kaylasbadshot » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:57 am

went out perch fishing once so far to buck, cranberry and long ponds out in greece. lots of people fishing along the shoreline. watched a lot of fish being caught and also caught our fair share. what was most impressive was the number and size of walleyes in shallow water and being caught.
kaylasbadshot
hunter

Postby Jpensyl » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:31 pm

I've been hitting the steelhead on the Lower niagara almost daily. I fish from shore with a pinner/float rig and its been feast or famine. I've had days where I've gone 6 of 10 in two hours and then the very next day not hook up. I'd say I average about 3 hook ups a day and I hope to land 2 of those. Fish are 4-8 pounds with the occasional pig well over ten and one in late february that was 15+. I've been fishing from artpark, devils hole and the power vista with the majority of good days coming from artpark. White marabu jigs have been deadly drifted just off the bottom all winter with pink or chartuse jigs having there days as well. Good luck and maybe I'll see you down there if anyone gives it a shot.
"Take'em Boys"
Jpensyl
hunter

Postby Andrew ONeill » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:45 pm

The trout fishing is suprisingly good out here for it being as cold as it is. We fished 3 days so far and have caught 12 fish including 2 12+ inch browns and a native brookie.
Andrew ONeill
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting