Up the creek without a paddle

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Up the creek without a paddle

Postby Nysprig21 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:58 pm

I am in a real pinch here! I was hunting the other day and tripped over a log and dropped my gun in the mud. I took it home and took her apart and that's when it happened. I really screwed the pooch on this one. I took apart the bolt where the firing pin is and lost a part to my gun. I can't find it anywhere!!! I can order the parts online but I have no clue if I can even put it back together...the right way. I need some help! If anyone has a gunsmith or someone that is familiar with Beretta Xtremas in the upstate area (binghamton, cortland, Ithaca, etc). I would be in debt to you!!
Nysprig21
hunter

Re: Up the creek without a paddle

Postby NyDuckMan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:48 pm

My gunsmith is the only registered gunsmith in the Albany/Rensalaer area. But he is out by Grafton, I can guarantee that he can probably repair your gun, but it's a matter of if it's worth your drive, perhaps you can ship it?

If you're interested for the info just PM me.
**2014 - 2015**
3 - Wood Ducks
1 - Mallard
4 - Canada Goose
5 - Pheasants
1 - Crow
NyDuckMan
hunter

Postby Dube23 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:45 am

Coles gunsmith in Maine can rebuild your Beretta no problem. Send them the bolt and they do their thing . Professional reasonable. I have torn these apart for cleaning and they go back pretty simply , not sure what you lost. Good luck
Dube23
Newb

Postby Papabear » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:18 am

I would send it back to the company and let them do it
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Papabear
hunter

Postby duckstopper333 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:26 am

If you have your owner's manual (if not go online to Beretta USA) look at the schematic and get the name of the part you lost. Unless this part is something other Beretta's don't have it shouldn't be that hard to replace. There are not many parts on the bolt that are that hard to replace. You can also try to find someone in your area that will let you look at their assembled gun to see where and how the new part should look.

Our local gunsmith gets $95/hour with a one hour minimum, others are probably similar. If you can't replace the part yourself it's going to cost you.

Good luck.
duckstopper333
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:25 am

Boy....I remember when I had only one gun...
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby sssurfertim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Would rather have a couple of guns than one expensive one.
No island leaft for Islanders like me.
sssurfertim
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:33 pm

sssurfertim wrote:Would rather have a couple of guns than one expensive one.

Mossberg 500 pump
Mossberg 935 auto
American Arms OU 10g

I obviously agree
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby KRB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Midway or brownells will have the part just find it in the owners manual. If you got it apart, with manual you should be able to get it back together. God I love benelli. Very simple.
KRB
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:36 pm

no parts to lose with a benelli SBE

I remember my hunting buddy wanting to show something on his Extrema to me.....he did a little undoing and then i heard......patoosh....and then he said ah cheet!!!, then after 3 seconds I heard PLOP PLOP in the water 5 feet in front of us.... ha ha ha

he launched some parts that sat on the spring...

and that gun is about the same cash as the SBE

i have had a mossberg 500, a remington 1100, a remington 11-87, a mossberg 9200........they all break and give you grief...

a little less on the mossberg 500 than the others.

the SBE......just keeps on ticking.....some years i have to clean it......usually not

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Nysprig21 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input. I ordered parts from brownells last night. I absolutely love my gun. It fits perfect and I shoot very true with it. I had to go fall in the mud!!! My brother in law told me I did a "scorpion". Apparently that is when you fall face first and your legs curl back towards you head.

I am currently using a Urika, but I just want to get my xtrema back to running condition. I was trying to convince my wife to let me get a new A5! That didn't work too well!!! Oh well thanks very much again for the input
Nysprig21
hunter

Postby Nysprig21 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:03 pm

I got her fixed!!!! I figured out how to put the parts in the gun and she works like a charm! Special thanks to Nyduckman, I really appreciate you helping me out! Back up an running and now I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!
Nysprig21
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting