EARLY AUGUST GOOSE SEASON IN N.Y.????

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Postby OGKILLA911 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:03 pm

u know 870, i can relate to that story because i have been one of those guys that totally pissed a non hunter off. not intentionally. myself and a buddy of mine had left the south end of owasco lake after a very non productive hunt. on the way home, we passed his parents camp along the lake. he yelled at me to stop because there were birds on the water in front of his camp. we stopped and hid behind his shed until the birds came within range. we jumped out and the birds just sat there, 10 yards away on the water. we walked towards them and started yelling at them. finally, they began to lift off. we both doubled. we went out and got the birds and much to our surprise, they were enormous 5 pound drake mallards. as we were wading back to land, a woman in her mid 70's started screaming obscenities at us and telling us she was calling the cops.we took off thinking we had done something wrong, as any sixteen yr olds would do. the lady called my buddys parents, and it turns out that they had purchased those ducks as easter presents for their young grandchildren. they had been hand fed bread and caged kept for two years prior. thats why they were so big!!!!! that was 10 yrs ago. we now laugh about it and refer to it as "THE EASTER DUCK SLAYING" oh, did i forget to mention that they had their wings clipped?
"Robins don't screw blackbirds......"
OGKILLA911
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:11 am

It would've been great if you had them mounted. You could've had them standing there eating corn out of one of those little paper bowls that they used to give you down at Webster Pond. :thumbsup:
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby OGKILLA911 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:12 pm

That would have been one hell of a mount. the breasts were covered in three inches of fat and roughly the dimentions of a porterhouse steak :lol:
"Robins don't screw blackbirds......"
OGKILLA911
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:21 pm

I sorry that's tooo funny :rofl:

The time was 1968. I was 12 at the time, my brother was off to war and one of his buddy's wanted to take me duck hunting. The morning hunt stunk so we went jump shooting aroung the islands. We came across a bunch of Mallards next to a dock, all the camps were close up for the season. We thought they were wild and had the jump on them, they jumped and we put the smack down on them and only 3 left the bay. Come to find out these were some ducks raised and turned out just before the season by the camp owner. We didn't know until the next week when he came asking "who shot my ducks?" My answer for all these years has been the same :no: That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Hey man crap happens :lol:

BTW I never pulled that stunt again
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Littlejohnny29 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:50 am

Cleaning a goose on a 90 degree day while swatting flies and bee's :rolleyes:

I have to say, would rather see a late or early spring season.
"One day before I die, I am going to hunt flooded timber in Arkansas"
Littlejohnny29
hunter

Postby joel2362 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:04 pm

just heard from the dec today its still sept 1-25 8 per day
joel2362
hunter

Previous

Return to New York Duck Hunting