Duck Boat

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Duck Boat

Postby DiscoDuck » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:00 pm

I've got a skiff, that I converted to a semi-layout. It was originally a father/son runabout. I "trimmed" the dual cockpits to make one and added some lumber to make it a layout. Also added flotation foam in the front and sides. My conversion was a quick job, but worked pretty well. The boat was made out of marine grade plywood, and is solid. I put a fresh layer of fiberglass on the bottom when I got it (around 6 or 7 years ago). It's 10 feet long and 5 feet wide. The guy I bought it from said it would take up to a 10HP motor. I've never had a motor on it myself. Always used it with a tender. We've hunted Oneida Lake, Black River Bay, Onondaga Lake, Caz Lake, and a few others with it. It's definitely sea worthy. I simply do not use it anymore, and I don't want to look at it anymore. I would love to see it put to use. I'll part with it for the same $ that I picked it up for, $175. If anyone is interested, I'll try and get some pics tomorrow to post up. -Chad
DiscoDuck
DiscoDuck
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:13 pm

I'd like to either see pictures, or come up and take a look. I was thinking about heading up that way this weekend anyway. Send me a PM or I'll send you one with my phone # and email address.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Pics of Boat

Postby DiscoDuck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:29 pm

Ok, I'm just trying out this photobucket thing for the first time. So, here we go...
Hope that worked!
DiscoDuck
DiscoDuck
hunter

Postby DiscoDuck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:31 pm

Cool! Looks like it worked. By the way, the cat in the background is also for sale. Real Cheap!
DiscoDuck
DiscoDuck
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:52 pm

sweeeeet looken rig there Disco :thumbsup: I can see that won't be for sale long Good luck
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby DiscoDuck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:12 pm

It was a great rig at the time. We just don't do much diver hunting anymore. I've got a poke boat, that serves it's purpose when I need a boat. I've actually used it as a layout before, but it's not comfortable. Something about that little boat in December, in 12 feet of water...you know what I mean.
DiscoDuck
DiscoDuck
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:14 pm

:eek: WHAT!!!!! you don't do much Diver hunting anymore!!!!!! COME ON BRO SAY IT ISN'T SO :headbang: are you feeling OK, do yeah want to talk about it, or is there something I can do for yeah :huh: COME ON MAN WE NEED YEAH :yes:
Don't let me kill all these Divers by myself
:hijacked2: I know I know couldn't help myself. I just hate to hear of someone no longer hunting divers thats all
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby DiscoDuck » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:45 pm

I know, shame on me. My old job used to get me all around central and northern NY to scout. I don't miss the job, but I miss the scouting! I bought a chunk of land a few years ago, actually less land and more swamp. But I love it. Between that, and a few die hard spots right here locally, it's just hard to justify traveling too far. We still make the occasional road trip, but the long days are hard for me with the kids too. I can't come up with any more excuses right now, but I'll keep thinking! :lol:
DiscoDuck
DiscoDuck
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:50 pm

:rofl: that's alright DD I hear yeah. If you ever think of making a road trip up this way you can go with me :thumbsup:
State Moderator

Return to New York Duck Hunting