suburban hunting

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

suburban hunting

Postby harvey1b » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:18 am

yes, I'm the redneck living in the suburbs

My fiance and I have a garden, and the neighborhood woodchucks chowed on my veggies the other day :mad: THIS IS WAR! I was pissed

The solution - whip out the trusty Hoyt Ultra Mag. So far I have skewered 2 of the little bastards, got a big one last night. The neighbors love it, and it gives me some hunting action while I wait for early goose.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby DiscoDuck » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:53 am

That's hilarious. I'm not a bowhunter, but I'm pretty seriously considering a harvest from my bedroom window. I hear if you shoot from inside the house, you can barely hear it outside! I've got a big boy under my shed, and he's apparently chewed a hole through the floor. He will not live through the summer!
We had a stray cat around last week, and my bleeding heart daughters were feeding it on the back deck. I've got some great footage of a big coon on there getting the cat food. Face to face with just the sliding glass door between us. He wasn't scared at all. In fact, he was trying to pull the door open. I couldn't believe it.
DiscoDuck
DiscoDuck
hunter

Postby OGKILLA911 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:17 pm

harvey, thats hilarious. u are lucky you have cool neighbors. where i grew up (memphis), i came home from school one day to find my grandfather sitting in a lawnchair with a stevens side by side on his lap, a box of shells on one side of him and a cooler of natural ice on the other. i asked him what the hell he was doing. he said "boy, just sit right there and watch. these sons' a bitches won't get into my garlic patch anymore." I sat down and watched. About five minutes later, a woodchuck popped his head out of the hole. about 1 second later, a load of 4 shot thru full choke made his head dissappear. it was then that i found out that was the ninth one he had killed and proceed to kill five more, all out of the same den. I have never heard of woodchucks being in groups that big. these were full grown chucks. only four were somewhat small. needless to say, his nickname from then on was "chuck".
"Robins don't screw blackbirds......"
OGKILLA911
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting