Was up on Ontario yesterday....

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Was up on Ontario yesterday....

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:22 pm

And I saw a hen mallard with 10 or more little ducklings following her. I didn't want to try to get closer to get an exact amount, but it looked like it might have been a dozen. Saw several dozen other Mallards that were well into their molting, but if you looked hard you could just barely tell the difference between the drakes and hens by their heads. I want the season to start so bad I'm developing a twitch. Started having dreams about duck hunting all over again.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:56 pm

Hey CLUTCH I saw somthing pretty cool the other day. In all my years of hunting I never saw a Blue Wing Teal with babys with them. So Sunday morning I was at the camp and sure enough one swims by.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby DiscoDuck » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:34 pm

That's cool. I still have never seen little teal (smaller than usual anyway). I took the kids down to our marsh this afternoon to catch frogs, and saw two batches of woodies. I'm glad they got to hot, cause I was cookin! We also found two turtle nests with eggs all hatched.
DiscoDuck
DiscoDuck
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting