trapping regs

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

trapping regs

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:58 pm

Here's a site you may want to visit: http://www.dec.ny.gov/34028.html The DEC is taking public comments until Monday on the proposed trapping regulations. It's short notice but the site does have an e-mail address where you can send comments.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby T-MAN » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:25 pm

(1) The trap shall be placed within a container constructed of wood, plastic, metal, or wire;
(2) No opening of the container shall measure more than six (6) inches in height at any point, except that if an opening is circular, the opening shall not measure more than six (6) inches in diameter; and

(3) One opening of the container shall be equipped with slots in which the trap springs rest. The slots shall begin at the container's opening, shall be perpendicular to the container's opening, and shall be a minimum of eight (8) inches deep in length, measured from the opening of the container; and

(4) The trap shall be recessed in the slots so that no part of the trap is less than four (4) inches from the opening of the container; and

(5) The container shall be securely fastened to the ground; or

(c) Set option 3: The trap complies with all of the following design features and set requirements:

(2) The container shall have no more than one opening; and

(3) The container shall be securely fastened in a vertical position to a tree or post;

(4) The container shall be positioned so that the opening of the container faces the ground and is no more than six (6) inches above the ground.

this is rediculous, i mean why even set bucket, or cubby sets anymore. and one more thing, how is VHS related to coons, i thought it was just a fish related disease, but i am probably wrong.

tyler
T-MAN
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting