Guided Snow Goose Hunts

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Guided Snow Goose Hunts

Postby woodduck14 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:18 am

Does anyone know any good guides or have any good experiences with a guide for the March season?
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Re: Guided Snow Goose Hunts

Postby BrowningBlaster » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Joe Austin DOA Outfitters 410-603-1400. He follows the migration from Maryland thru NY, nobody knows the birds better than Joe. He's been hunting these birds for many years, and it shows. I hunted 2x with him in finger lakes. Fair prices, he will get you on the birds, and he works his can off!! Very nice guy, professional, and easy to work with on scheduling. He will probably tell you March 15th is best day, trust him on whatever day he says, he knows the birds... It is worth a vacation day from work if needed.

The first time I went with him, a friend of mine and I went and shot 101 birds! We were so tired of shooting, we could barely hold our guns up. Obviously we did not shoot them all ourselves as there were other gunners there, but he did call a local friend to stop at Bass Pro to pickup some more cases of ammo and bring them to us in the field. Bring at least a case of ammo, and possibly a backup gun, as my friends gun was throwing fits and turned into a single shot after the first couple rallies. Good luck, and be safe. Good Times!
Snow Goose Triple Digit Member
BrowningBlaster
hunter

Postby woodduck14 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Great, thanks for the input. We'll give him a call, we also have a call into James Creek Outfitters.
Don't tread on me.
woodduck14
hunter

Postby duckmanz71 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:18 pm

You could also try giving nick a call at basswood lodge. He has recently started with spring snow geese. Check out his website or Facebook page for contact information.
duckmanz71
hunter

Postby B-LO » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:35 pm

I messaged basswood and DOA Ill let you know what they say. Only got out once this year during early and late season. The itch is tremendous :(
B-LO
hunter

Postby spider316 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am

Wood, check your PMs'.
Most experienced novice Duckhunter the good Lord ever created !
spider316
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting