Duck Hunting Forum banner

Guided Snow Goose Hunts

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  spider316 
#1 ·
Does anyone know any good guides or have any good experiences with a guide for the March season?

#2 ·
Joe Austin DOA Outfitters 410-603-1400. He follows the migration from Maryland thru NY, nobody knows the birds better than Joe. He's been hunting these birds for many years, and it shows. I hunted 2x with him in finger lakes. Fair prices, he will get you on the birds, and he works his can off!! Very nice guy, professional, and easy to work with on scheduling. He will probably tell you March 15th is best day, trust him on whatever day he says, he knows the birds... It is worth a vacation day from work if needed.

The first time I went with him, a friend of mine and I went and shot 101 birds! We were so tired of shooting, we could barely hold our guns up. Obviously we did not shoot them all ourselves as there were other gunners there, but he did call a local friend to stop at Bass Pro to pickup some more cases of ammo and bring them to us in the field. Bring at least a case of ammo, and possibly a backup gun, as my friends gun was throwing fits and turned into a single shot after the first couple rallies. Good luck, and be safe. Good Times!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.