Long Island Decoy Show

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Long Island Decoy Show

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Here you go....always lots of good (expensive) stuff......

http://www.lidecoycollectors.org/2014.php
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Long Island Decoy Show

Postby toolmaker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm

how many ads in the buy, sell, swap section are for WILDFLOWER decoys???

ha ha ha

and these are the collector guys!! ha ha

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm

toolmaker wrote:how many ads in the buy, sell, swap section are for WILDFLOWER decoys???
ha ha ha
the tool

I don't get it?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Slack Tide wrote:
toolmaker wrote:how many ads in the buy, sell, swap section are for WILDFLOWER decoys???
ha ha ha
the tool

I don't get it?

the decoys they collect are made by WILDFOWLER

i dont mind holding your hand bud...I know you are still a young-un

ha ha

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:10 am

I know the decoy and the flub.....I just didn't get your first post?? You see decoys in the classifieds marked "wildFLOWER" decoys? Is that it?
Probably auto correct....

OLD MAN.... :thumbsup:

How's:
dad
house
dog
work
gf
colon????
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 am

I saw ads for guys LOOKING for wildflower decoys... maybe it is auto correct

dad?? watching closely
House burns oil like a whore
dogs is very good..hasn't touched the bandage! very good girl
what else was there???

GF, cant remember her anymore

looking for a replacement

colon???? that's a strange one` I may rent one of those new cameras that are in a pill that takes pictures as it goes through your insides.....instead of getting the hose run up the back side !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

did I cover everything?

you didn't ask about my useless...wait I ment USELESS fireplace insert.....blazing fire for 2 hours cant raise the thermometer in the room 6 degrees and its only ten feet from the insert.....all the heat is going up the chimney

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:50 am

As for fireplace....is it a true insert or is it just a set of doors that cover the opening of the fireplace? They are not the same..
Jotul inserts:
http://jotul.com/us/products/fireplace-inserts

are basically a full sized (or larger!) wood burning stove that happens to be fit to the opening of a fireplace..they are as efficient and look great...but not cheap...figure $4k before install...
Does your FP have a damper? You need a way to slow that draft and get the heat to stay low longer....
You can get a smaller Jotul stove that will fit INTO the opening that's a great model..the Oslo I think....
You will get cheaper wood up there, but oil about the same....a good off season project to do some insulating and research...plus buy wood in the off season for a better deal

I didn't know the dog got hurt? What happened?
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 am

yeah the unit I have it a totally self contained unit that FITS INTO the fireplace...the freaking thing weighs about 500 lbs

it has a facia that extends about a foot all around on the chimney.

I opened the flue in the chimney all the way up, and I used the damper on the insert to adjust what leaves the insert.

this unit even has a blower mounted on the back, and while it is noisey, it barely blows anything...if at all...

this unit is a defunct Vermont Stove Company products....not to be confused with Vermont castings.

I need and or want an insert or wood stove that extends out from the fireplace to give off heat via surface area...

I have a ton of wood all over the property...cords and cords just waiting to get cut up, from the storms the last 2 years. but It seems to be a total wasted effort when the room wont warm up even 5 degrees 10 feet from the fireplace!

dog cut her pad seriously...stiches..it was ugly

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:38 am

Sucks for the dog...
Well...if you have a big enough hearth...I would get a free standing stove out the back and pipe it out and up into the chim...you will get full radiant heat from the stove, plus warm the bricks/stones....it's a hit, but the math of a new stove ,with the oil (plus the free wood) is an obviously proper investment....
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Joey clams » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:22 pm

This is a prime example of why this Duck Hunting Chat forum site sucks. You click on a topic about the LIDC decoy show and it turns out to be nothing but a private conversation between two members completely unrelated to the original post.
I'd say that the moderator should do his job and keep the conversation on topic, but I believe the moderators are probably the worst offenders of this. This site and the Refuge have really been horrible this season and it's a damn shame, they used to be really enjoyable to read. That's why everyone has gone to Facebook instead.....Just saying, I doubt it will help.
Joey clams
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Joey clams wrote:This is a prime example of why this Duck Hunting Chat forum site sucks. You click on a topic about the LIDC decoy show and it turns out to be nothing but a private conversation between two members completely unrelated to the original post.
I'd say that the moderator should do his job and keep the conversation on topic, but I believe the moderators are probably the worst offenders of this. This site and the Refuge have really been horrible this season and it's a damn shame, they used to be really enjoyable to read. That's why everyone has gone to Facebook instead.....Just saying, I doubt it will help.

Mr. Clam....
Wow...welcome to the forum...
My point for the post was to announce the shows' date..not to get into a discussion about the show...which would be fine if that happened too. It is very common for conversations to splinter off into tangents...
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:38 pm

Joey clams wrote:This is a prime example of why this Duck Hunting Chat forum site sucks. You click on a topic about the LIDC decoy show and it turns out to be nothing but a private conversation between two members completely unrelated to the original post.

yep , you are right , it wont help.....

things take on lives of their own....if staying on subject was all the rage...wed be fighting hard to keep it that way....

but it aint...........whats ever on peoples minds....is what the subject is

so in the end Joey...the site you want...doesnt exist....... does it

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:08 am

toolmaker wrote:

yep , you are right , it wont help.....

things take on lives of their own....if staying on subject was all the rage...wed be fighting hard to keep it that way....

but it aint...........whats ever on peoples minds....is what the subject is

so in the end Joey...the site you want...doesnt exist....... does it

the tool

Why that reminds me of a time when I was ................... :clapping:
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Joey clams » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:49 am

The last time I looked, the title of this forum was New York Duck Hunting Chat.
It's obvious you two don't care what other members think, you're like two guys in Las Vegas gambling with someone else's money, But when others stop posting and reading, advertisers will stop advertising, and then how funny will that be?
The Long Island Season is now pretty much over, if you compare how many people posted on Long Island Waterfowl Hunting on Facebook and how many posts this site had, you'd see just how much this site is in the toilet. And why is that?
Answer: Because it's getting really old to have the same two guys monopolize every conversation and turn them into private conversations that should be carried on through a private message, or better yet, maybe you two just need to get a room. Then you can hear yourselves talk all night long.

Normally I wouldn't care about anything like this, but this site is just such a disappointment I couldn't hold back anymore.
Joey clams
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:49 am

Joey clams wrote:The last time I looked, the title of this forum was New York Duck Hunting Chat.
It's obvious you two don't care what other members think, you're like two guys in Las Vegas gambling with someone else's money, But when others stop posting and reading, advertisers will stop advertising, and then how funny will that be?
The Long Island Season is now pretty much over, if you compare how many people posted on Long Island Waterfowl Hunting on Facebook and how many posts this site had, you'd see just how much this site is in the toilet. And why is that?
Answer: Because it's getting really old to have the same two guys monopolize every conversation and turn them into private conversations that should be carried on through a private message, or better yet, maybe you two just need to get a room. Then you can hear yourselves talk all night long.
Normally I wouldn't care about anything like this, but this site is just such a disappointment I couldn't hold back anymore.

So explain to me exactly what you would like to happen on this thread? My purpose for posting it was simply to announce the location and time of the show....it happened that Tool had a comment and I answered him back..there are no firm rules to this forum other than avoid racism and swearing...beyond that....it goes where it goes. I can't imagine why this would frustrate you so much.
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:27 am

Joey clams wrote:The last time I looked, the title of this forum was New York Duck Hunting Chat.

joey boy...all that from a guy with SIX POSTS??????????????????????????????????

you OBVIOULSY were NOT contributing anything to the NEW YORK DUCKHUNTING CHAT FORUM!!!!!! now were you?

you might have a leg to stand on , if you had maybe made 20 or 60 or 80 posts to this forum............... but the way it looks, you just are a lurker, who came to complain!!!!

that's not right. man......

I think I know who you are, and if I am right.... youre a decent guy....so this is breaking my mind

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Joey clams » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 am

Honestly, I'm asking Myself that exact same question right now.
Why did this particular post piss me off enough to comment?
I've been reading this forum for the past 11 years and I should know by now not to expect much. Chat has always been third rate after The Refuge and The Noreast.com Hunting forum, which is why I've never really bothered to post here, but after the New York Refuge forum collapsed last season, you guys had a real shot to make this a first rate Waterfowlers forum. You had a chance to pick up all the heavy hitters from that site who bailed out and needed somewhere to go. It Never Happened.
Unfortunately guys from New York who love waterfowling have really been left with nowhere to post and actually have a conversation About Waterfowling.
Why do I care? I often ask myself that Question.....
Why Do I Get involved? I can't answer that either....Other than the fact that I love waterfowling that much that I try to do what I can to make it better. If my comments help to improve this site even slightly, then it will not have been in vein.

Now as far as the Decoy Show is concerned, I'll be there volunteering my time working the LONG ISLAND DELTA WATERFOWL booth trying to help the ducks any little way I can. Stop by, Say Hello, Talk Waterfowling, Buy some Raffle tickets, Buy a T-shirt, Join our club, whatever. It's a great show, plenty to see, some of it's even affordable. Hope to see you there.....Joe
Joey clams
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Well look at that! You're chatting!
First, I can tell you that the Refuge was a mess and WAY too many tough guys. Many got kicked off, many bailed and either way, it collapsed for a reason, an not a good one.
I have been waterfowling on Long Island for 30 years...this forum is generally a very mellow place that heats up during the on season....and fizzles a bit on the off. It's almost always a group of good guys who know what they are doing, and are beyond many of the debates that occur with the new, hotheads, because we have all reinvented the wheel enough to know what works or us.
Welcome to the forum and I think you will find that you will get into the grove of ball breaking and back slapping soon enough.
Funny how even the best of the best tend to talk about their wives, kids and trucks while in the blind.....sometimes it's the same here.
Clam Power!
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Papabear » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Joey I too will be at the show with DUCKS UNLIMATIVE I hope to see you there stop by say hello and Mr.tool and Mr. slack I look forward to seeing you guy's there too and the rest of my fellow duck hunters

papabear
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Papabear
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:48 pm

if I go.... I am surely going to kick sand in joey the clams face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

ok folks calm down...its a joke!! :hammer:

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby KRB » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Slack Tide wrote:Well look at that! You're chatting!
First, I can tell you that the Refuge was a mess and WAY too many tough guys. Many got kicked off, many bailed and either way, it collapsed for a reason, an not a good one.
I have been waterfowling on Long Island for 30 years...this forum is generally a very mellow place that heats up during the on season....and fizzles a bit on the off. It's almost always a group of good guys who know what they are doing, and are beyond many of the debates that occur with the new, hotheads, because we have all reinvented the wheel enough to know what works or us.
Welcome to the forum and I think you will find that you will get into the grove of ball breaking and back slapping soon enough.
Funny how even the best of the best tend to talk about their wives, kids and trucks while in the blind.....sometimes it's the same here.
Clam Power!

Well said Slack, see you guys at the show :beer:
KRB
hunter

Postby Papabear » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:04 am

toolmaker wrote:if I go.... I am surely going to kick sand in joey the clams face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

the tool

Tool all I was going to say was "THERE'S NO SAND THERE you would have to bring your own"
papabear
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
Papabear
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 am

Papabear wrote:
toolmaker wrote:if I go.... I am surely going to kick sand in joey the clams face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

the tool

Tool all I was going to say was "THERE'S NO SAND THERE you would have to bring your own"
papabear

where ever theres clams, theres sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:51 pm

toolmaker wrote: where ever theres clams, theres sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the tool

Boohhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah! :hammer:
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Papabear » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Saturday is the decoy show at IBEW I will be there at the ducks unlimited table who is going to be there? Stop by and say hello

papabear
Papabear
hunter

Next

Return to New York Duck Hunting