Snow goose question

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Snow goose question

Postby clymerfowler » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:40 pm

are we allowed to set out Canada decoys to hunt snows? we dont have any snow decoys so we were thinking of setting our full body goose spread out and calling to the small groups of snows. i bought a snow call and am painting 4 of my silos to look like snows that i was going to put to the side of my full body canadas.
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Re: Snow goose question

Postby toolmaker » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:51 pm

absolutely......you aren't hunting canadas geese unless you shoot at and or kill Canada geese...

just like you can have Canada geese decoys out in duck season even if the Canada season is closed!

(disclaimer)OF course..if you have fresh dead canadas in the garage at home....or someone says they saw you shoot canadas, or they have ANY reason to THINK you are going to hunt canadas.......you MIGHT have some heat on your behind

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:42 pm

okay good. we are going to put out a spread of 4 dozen fullbody geese, 2 dozen canada silos, and 3 dozen canada shells, plus a couple canada decoys i painted to look like snows
Pigeons-231
Geese- 172
clymerfowler
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:59 pm

clymerfowler wrote:okay good. we are going to put out a spread of 4 dozen fullbody geese, 2 dozen canada silos, and 3 dozen canada shells, plus a couple canada decoys i painted to look like snows

I have never had any luck killing a snow over canada decoys. They avoid them at all cost

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Papabear » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:04 am

I killed a snow A few years back it was cupped and committed to my mallard decoys I also seen about four snows mixed in with a bunch of Canadians on a golf course
papabear
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Papabear
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting