Success!! (For the first and second time)

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Success!! (For the first and second time)

Postby Metl_Hed911 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:23 am

Well, I've figured out to post pics, and just wanted to show the world my very first goose! :yes: Taken last weekend (9/15) Man, I'm totally stoked and am really lookin' forward to October 6!!! :rofl:

And also the second goose from this weekend (9/22) It was also the boy's first time, and let's just say he's as hooked as I am!

We had to do it the hard way...pass shooting on public land, but we did it, and now I'm an official addict. Almost to the point where I'm ready to sell off my deer gear...almost....
Metl_Hed911
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:37 am

:thumbsup:

Great to hear you are having some success - killing geese, posting pic's, and you got the boy into it. All great things, thanks for sharing with us.

Do yourself a favor and sell that deer hunting gear. Keep 1 tree stand to convert into a dog platform, but most of the other stuff will just take up room that you could use to store all the new decoys your going to need.
harvey1b
hunter

Deer hunting

Postby Dep666 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:43 pm

Yea man get rid of all that Deer hunting garbage. I am so sick of seeing Michael Wadell and all the other guys doing the same thing......" Shhhhh here he comes ....he's a shooter......Oh baby I put the smack down on that dude." It seems like every whitetail show is the same thing....Boring.

I have to admit I was a big Deer hunter until I went duck hunting for the first time. Then it hit the fan! I go to meetings and say " My name is Matt....( Hello Matt) and I'm an addict....I'm addicted to Duck Hunting." :rofl:

Good luck this year......Oh by the way If you think shooting Geese is fun, try your hand at shooting some divers.......Enjoy my man!
Dep666
hunter

Postby Metl_Hed911 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks boys! I can't really say that I'm done with deer...yet...but I do agree that I'm pretty tired of the same ol' whitetail shows over and over again...I will say this much, my boy seems to like goin' after birds a whole lot more than sittin' in the woods trying to stay quiet...that's a plus for me...
Metl_Hed911
hunter

Ducks VS Deer

Postby Dep666 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:12 am

No question brother! A few hours up in a tree stand and my ADD starts to kick in.......
Dep666
hunter

Postby kaylasbadshot » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:09 am

you can't bring your dog deer hunting either! save those tree stands, they make great dog stands. just wait it gets better....i was a big deer hunter then i went duck/goose hunting. then it was the decoys, the layout blinds, the new gun and the dog. now, wing supply and mack's packages show up daily. just got 2 deliveries yesterday come to think of it. have fun!
kaylasbadshot
hunter

Postby webft2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:25 am

Metl Hed and son
:welcome:

You are officially hooked on QUACK! :help:

Dude its all over... sell that whitetail stuff spend $ on hunting rigs and decoys... YAHOOO!!!!
Here's a thought.... spend 1-2 days in the stand to get ya a freezer full. tender meat is the best... Better opp to harvest quickly so you can get in the backwater or move your recliner to filelds!
Now were talking :hammer:

Kaylas dad has definately got his priorities straight! :thumbsup:

Great meeting you at the show.....
Last edited by webft2 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1754 Excel MudBuddy Special Edition w/ 35 hp Hyperdrive Sport
" just chuckin mud"
"the relentless pursuit of the wild mallard"
webft2
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:53 pm

What's deer hunting?

That's great that you're getting your boy out! I got my 9 year old and 7 year old out hunting last year for their first times and we all enjoyed it.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:34 pm

webft2 wrote:Here's a thought.... spend 1-2 days in the stand to get ya a freezer full. tender meat is the best... Better opp to harvest quickly so you can get in the backwater or move your recliner to filelds!
Now were talking :hammer:

I just give my tags to a few friends to fill for me. They get to shoot a couple extra deer, and I get meat to put in my freezer. I got two deer last year and didn't have to go into the woods once.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:37 pm

That's a good system Clutch!
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting