Better Late Than Never

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Better Late Than Never

Postby CLUTCHfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Went out on Sunday, and between the three of us we got 11. I also managed to really piss off a guy hunting a quarter mile away who I didn't know was there. If not for the geese it would have been a bad day as I managed to damage my motor some how, and have to go get some warranty work done, and I screwed up my trailer, and the dog crapped in the boat. Still not a bad day overall. I'll post pictures when I get them, and go into detail when I've got more time.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby webft2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:08 am

great post....Thank goodness for the geese... if not... sounds like you should of hit the alarm and rolled over.... but as I say... you can't shoot em from your recliner.
Clutch...
you need anything for that motor ...let us know if we can help out...
fingerlakesmudbuddy@hotmail.com
1754 Excel MudBuddy Special Edition w/ 35 hp Hyperdrive Sport
" just chuckin mud"
"the relentless pursuit of the wild mallard"
webft2
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:59 am

Webft2 I appreciate the offer, but it's a Briggs issue. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow. Thank you any way though. If you're doing any mud run type of stuff let me know, I'd love to have another mudboat to ride with occcasionally.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Postby webft2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:51 pm

Clutch...
would love to do a mudfest or run here.. Glenn and I have spoken about it from Mudbuddy... trust me we will. Looks like next summer.

Hope to get more mud motor guys involved... with the drought conditions as they are this year in NY... more guys will get frustrated once the pressure is on and they will look for a backwater solution....Got to get to them ducks... ! :help:
Please spread the word about us. We are based outside of Montezuma .

Send me a pic or two of that rig of yours. Love to see what your running
I'd like to have our own NY MUD group link to my website coming soon in the meantime we certainly can do it on the MudBuddy Forum site right now. Have you been there?

What motor and drive are you running LT or HD?

Heres our rig
Image[/img]
" just chuckin mud"
webft2
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:10 pm

I looked at some of the other posts, and Harvey1b was mistaken, I actually run a Gator-Tail. Didn't mean to give the impression I was running a MB. Still doesn't mean we can't run together though. I didn't see the Avon topic til this morning. I'm actually running a 35GTR on a 1756 G3, which is not exactly the optimal boat for the motor, but it doesn't run too bad. That's a great looking rig you've got. Who did you have do your decals on the side? I am planning on putting my boat name on the side similar to that this coming spring. I've only seen a few short tails up here over the last couple years, I knew of one guy up near Oneida with a MB and I ran into a guy w/ a PD up north, and saw something that I couldn't tell up in Mexico, parked in a driveway. It was kind of nice not having too many people running them last season, but, like you said with the water levels, there will be a bunch more this season. Are you running that big Tiger prop?

Here are the only pictures I've got. I should probably take some more, but I never remember.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:50 pm

Oh yeah, I also saw three Specklebellies while we were out on Sunday. I actually watched where they landed and took a second pass by them to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Postby webft2 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:31 pm

OK... I guess we can ride together... you bet!
How funny is that... Harvey... see what you started :lol:

Clutch... where did you find that boat and motor ? G3 New? How long have you owned it?

my 29 Hyper has a big tiger prop on it ...11x10, but my 35 HD sport I have in stock has the 12x10 ( its awesome). got electric clutch and oil cooler on it... its a machine! it slices,dices peels and squeels.

Don't worry about all the hypers and shortails on the water... once we fill it all up with motors you can come hunt up at my place in North Dakota in the duck factory :thumbsup: no need for them there plenty of grain fields to hunt. al you need is your camo recliner :rofl:

As far as the letters on the boat My buddy got it done in Solvay at a sign guy $50 I'll get you the #

Nice blind and pics... oh yeah... motor and.... ROOSTERTAIL!
Yeah Baby :hammer:
" just chuckin mud"
webft2
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:12 pm

I actually flew down to Louisiana a couple years ago and test drove the motor, then I had it shipped up. I called all the manufacturers and figured it would be cheaper just to fly down and check out some motors down south. I think I got the motor in June or July of last Summer, and the boat the previous spring. I got the boat as a new boat, but old model year from a dealer up on Oneida. Couldn't pass up the price. I've got the 11" prop (or at least that was what it measured before last weekend, I went through alot of mud with chunks of rocks, sunken solidified logs and God knows what else on Sunday) Eventually I plan on buying a true mud boat with a heavier bottom and Longitudinal bracing, but for now, this one is alright.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 pm

Specks, that's cool. I've never seen a live one before. They would make a nice mount. I read that in NY they count towards your Canada bag.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:49 am

Yeah, I came home afterwards and looked it up to see if I could've taken them if they had come into the decoys.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Postby harvey1b » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:56 am

congrats on the geese CLUTCH

sorry for the confusion with the engines. You long shaft guys are so touchy! :hammer:
harvey1b
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:04 am

harvey1b wrote:congrats on the geese CLUTCH

sorry for the confusion with the engines. You long shaft guys are so touchy! :hammer:

No problem, I won't edit you out of the picture above just yet :lol:

When my sister finds her camera cord I'll post the pile picture.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Re: Better Late Than Never

Postby meganzer commander » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:49 pm

CLUTCHfan wrote:I managed to damage my motor some how, and have to go get some warranty work done, and I screwed up my trailer, and the dog crapped in the boat.

good thing you told the story before i got around to posting it , ill have to be on the ball next time. oh yeah now were telling our own stories i went in the drink on sunday too.
2008/2009 totals
drake merganzers - 0
hen merganzers - 2
red breasted merganzers - 0
hooded merganzers - 0
banded merganzers - 0
#2 shot filled merganzer decoys - 0
canadians - 0
canadians (the birds) - 5
other ducks - 16
meganzer commander
hunter

Re: Better Late Than Never

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:21 pm

meganzer commander wrote: oh yeah now were telling our own stories i went in the drink on sunday too.

Doesn't count unless it goes over your waders. For a second there though, I thought you were about to do a face plant.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Return to New York Duck Hunting