Almost finished!

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Almost finished!

Postby brezcrew » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:12 pm

Making a new pop-up blind for my friends new G3 duck Boat. The bastard is still single and still gets to collect toys :mad: Anyway after seeing the insane prices they want for them, decided to build a better mouse trap, I mean duck trap. Got some trick ideas too. The camo fabric has a black landscape type material sewn on the inside to make it wind/waterproof. The backdrop has an added roof type top piece clam style to keep the rain off ya, yet its high enough so you can sit and relax in your lawn chair with the heater in the middle. Made a clip rail along the sides to keep the deeks off the floor, untangled and out of the way. Its made on a single frame that clamps on so there is not 1 hole drilled in the boat, and with 2 people its on and off in seconds. Just need to make some end flaps, a little flat black paint, and add some elastic around the motor cover and its ready. Best of all its done right for under $300.00 :banana: Now we just need to fill it up with some ducks in 10 days somewhere around grindstone :yes: ImageImageImage
MARC

My wife tells me to bring something home for dinner when I go hunting. So I make sure to stop at Wegmans before I go.
brezcrew
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Looks good. You may want to use some primer on the frame before you paint it. My paint comes off of the conduit I used pretty easily. I'll keep an eye out for you guys this season. I run a G3 myself and it has been a great boat so far.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Return to New York Duck Hunting