Showing the ropes

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Showing the ropes

Postby 2ndLuck » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:11 pm

:hammer: Hi everyone, anybody willing to take a fresh fish out to do some duck hunting? I have firearms experience and have taken the NYSDEC waterfowl ID course. I was mainly looking to get into some jump shooting but I would be happy going out regardless. Not afraid of a little hard work or an early morning... I've got my own canoe too

Thanks!
2ndLuck
Newb

Postby 870 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:40 pm

Hey 2ndLuck sorry to be getting back to you so late, but hey it's hunting season :oops:

Wecome to DHC glad you could join us, your going to like it hear.

Just where do you call home, maybe we can hook you up with some body near you?
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby harvey1b » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:40 pm

:welcome:

Welcome to DHC. This is a great place to meet people and talk about waterfowling. Glad to have you with us.

We can certainly get you on a hunt. I'm over in 'Cuse so it is a bit of a drive for you, but there is tons of great hunting over in your area (870, he's in Rochester). I have never hunted it, but Sodus Bay is supposed to be top notch if you can figure it out.

If you're having trouble getting hooked up with people closer to you let me know. I'm going to be hunting in the eastern zone the next few weekends, and then I'm off for vacation, but when the regular season comes around we should be able to get something together. Do you hunt geese? :yes:
harvey1b
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:07 am

In Rochester, they have the Lake Plains Waterfowl Association. That's your local conservation club.
http://lakeplainswaterfowl.homestead.com/

Join that club, go to the meetings, volunteer, and there will be guys there who will take you under their wing. Or at least you will be amongst like-minded people who will point you in the right direction.

I've never hunted out your way, so I couldn't really give you any ideas on where to try there.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Return to New York Duck Hunting