Well?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Well?

Postby Dep666 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:39 am

Alright northerners.....How'd you do? I went out today...Salmon fishing that is, and we went 10 for 11 on Kings. Not bad for the last trip. I'm all ready for our opener on the 23rd. Knock the hell out of em boys!
Dep666
hunter

Postby ceder551 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:48 pm

r day was a bust. went on the mohawk above delta and saw six birds. shot aat a teal that was it. took my chessie out 4 the first time she did great. guns a blazzing and she ran out from the log to see and then gave the what the f@@@ look at us. man for never been she was ready.lots of shoooting on the lake but they didnt come r way
ceder551
Newb

Postby ninethreeeleven » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:41 pm

Shot at 2 mallards, uh.... I was just making sure my gun works. Its makes a loud boom noise. I think it works. Hopefully I will have something good to post about tomorrow.
ninethreeeleven
hunter

Postby ninethreeeleven » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:09 am

Went again today, seemed like the perfect day, windy as all hell and much colder than yesterday.

3 Green wing teal came in and 2 made it out. Couldn't get the second or third shots lined up correctly.

Other than that we only saw 8 other ducks in 4 hours. Yesterday we saw at least 30 ducks. But the next bay over was doing some serious shooting. Must have shot 30 times in the first hour.

As always, when we quit to pick up the decoys 5 teal came over and they wanted in.
ninethreeeleven
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:02 pm

We got a few woodies yesterday, and a couple more today. We were surrounded by other hunters both days, so the birds were getting turned before they got to us, and the big birds were flying high this morning. Had some teal buzz us pretty close, and only had a few Mallards close enough to have gotten a shot at, but because they came over on the tree side, never were able to get a decent shot on any. Thank God for Wood ducks.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:29 pm

Well today I slepped in :biggrin: As far as yesterday, the boy and I limited out on Mallards and Gadwalls. The thing was, to do it we had to go out both AM /PM hunts :thumbsdown:

It was to nice, talk about a bluebird day. To top it off we had three mornon fisherman come into the bay we were hunting in which stopped our hunt.

They thought it would be a great place to fish just outside or range.
So when I left the bay I thought it would be a great place to drive full speep just off their stern while they were standing up in their boat. You can say I rocked their world MORONS :headbang:

Sorry Matt nothing personal :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby ninethreeeleven » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:56 pm

870, this morning I had something similar happen. I had 3 knuckle heads in a boat (we hunt near the launch and there is "parking" docks on either side of the small strip we hunt) come right through our decoys. I hear the boat but can't tell how far away it is. Then I see the green light on the front and say to my partner "We got company"

These idiots come right at the decoys, actually honk at them. Frickin morons! Although, somehow they didn't notice the 16 foot boat 20 feet from them with 2 hunters standing up.

On their trip back they were kind enough to go around the decoys but when we picked up we found one of the lines cut. I can't believe people can't tell that they were not real ducks. They weren't even nice decoys, and darkness wasn't a problem. I have a feeling that these boys were either hung over or still drunk.
ninethreeeleven
hunter

Postby carlschmarl2 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:51 am

hunted wilson hill sat and sunday. sat we shot 9 birds...2 redheads, 4 ringers, 2 widgeon, and 1 bluebill...sunday was slow as hell...not a single bird, we didnt even shoot.
"Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium"
carlschmarl2
hunter

Funny

Postby Dep666 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm

Thats funny 870.......Not too funny for you guys, but the looks on those idiots' faces must have been priceless. Just changed the oil in the ole Miss Demeanor and got her ready for winter storage. The old Brown Helmet(Duck boat) is almost ready By the way when I was Salmon fishing Saturday (200 feet of water) a pair of White Wing Scoters flew by......... OH yea did I mention that I have shot them in the old You know where old squaw spot?
Now Don , don't go and blow all your vacation now. Save a day in January for the hunt we've been planning for a couple of years now. The " Dude I've got to work " thing is gettin pretty old.

:rofl:
Dep666
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:53 pm

YADA, YADA, French. Hey some sucker has to keep the roads clear of snow so you boys can go hunting. Damn lake effect anyways :headbang:

Besides Matt, by Jan my freezer is full, what can I say. :moon:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby savage221 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:26 am

Hunted Canada Lake on Monday. Saw four booking it out of the swamp but came up blank. Had good time testing out my new boat and blind which stood up to the wind pretty good for a home made job or PVC and camo fabric. :wink:
savage221
hunter

Western opener

Postby Dep666 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:37 pm

Scouted my new spot....all I have to say is ITS ON!!!!!! Hopefully me and the rest of my crew can shoot straight.
Dep666
hunter

Postby brezcrew » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:04 pm

Had a pretty decent weekend considering the boat blind fell apart and had to keep fixing it. :no: Plus the fact the water was wicked low. It sounded like a war up on the river Saturday :gatgun: , I think everybody and their uncle was there somewhere. Anyway for the weekend our boat managed 2 woodies, 1 blue bill, 1 diver, and 10 mallards, one with jewlery. The dog got all but 2 cripples that were to far out. Best part of the whole weekend though was hunting camp! Ate well, drank lots, and talked smack what more could you ask for.
MARC

My wife tells me to bring something home for dinner when I go hunting. So I make sure to stop at Wegmans before I go.
brezcrew
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting