Lab trainer in western ny

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Lab trainer in western ny

Postby altrocker1 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Hey guys, we are getting set to move to our new house and I've bee thinking really hard about getting a lab. If it doesn't happen this year, it certainly will next year. I'm going to check out the western ny retriever club, but do you guys know of any good trainers in either Chautauqua or cattaragus county?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk
altrocker1
hunter

Re: Lab trainer in western ny

Postby sgk » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:45 am

Last I knew, most of the officers of the Western NY retriever club were pro trainers. Tammy Adsitt, her daughter Rene and Renes husband Sean Hagar. Not sure what county they are in.
If it were me, after watching them all run in hunt tests over the last few years, I would go with the mother, Tammy, as my pro and not the kids. She seems much more experienced and the dogs seem to respond to her better.
sgk
hunter

Postby pangborn83 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Tammy trains in holland, ny or somewhere in that area iirc. If you are willing to travel to cortland ithica area Tom at Worthington kennels is a site sponsor. If you are more in chautauqua county presque isle retriever club might be an option too if you want to train your own.
pangborn83
hunter

Postby sgk » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Tom would be my first choice too but altrocker seemed to want to stay in the western part of the state.
sgk
hunter

Postby altrocker1 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:36 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to travelling. I'll 've working in NYC at least twice a month so I go right past Corning. My sister in law also lives in that area so I'm sure we will head that way to visit

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk
altrocker1
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting