Harrowing experience today

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Harrowing experience today

Postby Frank Lopez » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:42 pm

I took a walk along the beach on the North shore today looking for dome drift wood for some taxidermy projects. About 150 yards down the beach, one that I had spent countless hours at as a youth, I noticed a pile of clothing. No big deal, articles of clothing are all over the beaches this time of year. Always have been. Except this one had a body inside it! As I approached it, I began to realize that the person was dead. I stayed about 10 feet away and phoned the police. Funny thing was that the 911 connection was made to Ct and I had to be transferred. After a couple of hours and detective interviews, I was released. The deceased appeared to be a young male in his late teens or early twenties. The Detective told me he'd let me know the outcome of the investigation. Wife still doesn't believe it, but I needed a couple of stiff ones after that!

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Re: Harrowing experience today

Postby Papabear » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:42 am

just saw it on news 12
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Papabear
hunter

Postby KRB » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29 am

Papabear wrote:just saw it on news 12

X2 spooky
KRB
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm

I found an elderly deceased woman many years ago a few days after new years, after me and my buddy set up about 70 bluebill decoys and I was stashing the boat down about 200 yards on an island we were hunting... it was low tide and I saw this person laying down way up at the high tide mark... I looked around for their boat...but nothing... I was wondering..."how did this person get here?"... as I walked up I was thinking...is this a person or a dummy?...she had a coat with a hood on and was face down. I walked up and touched her back...it was solid!!! then I pulled the hoodie back and I could see the super thin balding white hair of an very old person.... I thought it was a man....didn't look like it had been there long....the color was still pale...but I said to myself..."don't roll him over"...I was worried about seeing the persons face every day afterwards!!

the police took about 5 hours to settle this... it actually took about 4 hours before the coroner got there to declare "yep" she is dead"

then they bagged her...she went missing on new years eve.....they don't know how she got into the water....she drowned... she lived at an old folks home in Mamaroneck NY.

it was early afternoon when we got back to hunting... and the biggest swarm of bluebills I have ever had descend upon a spread I was hunting....came twice at that set......insane....it was a sight to always remember, and what gets the diver hunters blood boiling.......

the town police tried twice to get onto that island...... before they bailed out and asked the harbor master to do it on his boat. For sure the who area was a minefield of rocks and prop eaters....the harbor master just ran his 25 foot rig right up onto the small sandy beach between some rocks....

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Frank Lopez » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:27 pm

This thing gets uglier as the day goes on! Turning out to be the north shore version of Gilgo Beach!

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Postby Papabear » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:39 am

My brother and me found a young women who was killed by her boy friend in Pilgrem state while we were shooting we thought it was a manakin and almost shot it but we relized her hands were tided as were her feet still see her till this day she was there for a few days before we found her
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Papabear
hunter

Postby jeepman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:52 pm

After the split I never see anyone on the lake let alone a dead body. Those are amazing stories, and I never would have thought so many hunters down there would find corpses by the shoreline. I guess I'll have to add that to my list of water fowling milestones.

1. Take my son on his first duck hunt.
2. Shoot a reward banded Drake.
3. Find a dead body on the X.
jeepman
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting